Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

weatherHead forecast

Poster: A snowHead
This winter weatherHead has produced snow reports on the following dates:

18 Nov, 26 Nov, 3 Dec, 10 Dec, 17 Dec, 25 Dec, 1 Jan, 17 Jan, 23 Jan, 30 Jan, 15 Feb, 24 Feb, 4 Mar, 22 Mar

Based on that information (intervals varying between 6 and 18 days) when do you forecast the next weatherHead report will be?

The first person to predict the correct date gets a 13ft dump in Chatel.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Entries including the phrase "1 April" will not be accepted
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, he's French, so probably on strike most of the time.

My guess would be "before the EoSB"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, we can't accept vague entries like that. You've suggested any one of 19 days. Now make your mind up which it is.

Clue: 4 of the 14 dates above were Mondays, 3 were Tuesdays, 2 were Wednesdays, 1 was a Thursday, 1 was a Friday, 1 was a Saturday and 2 were Sundays.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
he's French

Is he? Are you certain?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, at any opportunity you make snide remarks about this site - why do you bother logging on ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
he's French

Is he? Are you certain?

Well, he has this intriguing signature "Everywhere I go, I always take the weather with me."

Ask a Frenchman if he takes the weather into the toilet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
maggi, based on the bias of the reports, he's certainly not Italian, Austrian, Spanish, Andorran, Canadian or American.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe wrote:
David Goldsmith, at any opportunity you make snide remarks about this site - why do you bother logging on ?

That's not true. I love you like a brother.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Taking the weather into the toilet would certainly make for a Crowded House.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
maggi, based on the bias of the reports, he's certainly not Italian, Austrian, Spanish, Andorran, Canadian or American.

The bias of the reports reflects the reports that we get in the snow reports section, most of which come from France. If we had more reports from further afield, I'd love to include them. Each snow report takes about two to three hours work, so they happen when I've got an evening free to do one, bearing in mind that I have other commitments as well which have to take priority.

I'm glad that they've been noticed. Although they were admin's idea initially, they're mostly a labour of love, done to put something back into the site, and hopefully increase traffic into the snow reports section. For all you avid weather watchers there should be another one out very soon. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, are you trying to suggest
has an anti American pro France bias in it's weather reports.

Night follows day, you know Toofy Grin

edit: I see the weatherHead has beaten me to it Laughing

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 31-03-08 12:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, peut etre, et pas seulement les bulletins meteo.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 31-03-08 12:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More tiresome continent/country bashing. Sigh...

Maybe those of us who post snow reports when we visit France should quit doing it so that the poor people who ski elsewhere don't feel left out, the poor lambs rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, Don't worry I suspect that we will hear and see lots more about the USA skiing place when the E0SB is held there next year Very Happy
Tha'll be an epic holiday to go on Cool

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 31-03-08 12:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
boredsurfin, seriously? Is it really going to be on the Uther Side of the Alps?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Yep, there is a thread about it already. Very Happy

Here Very Happy
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=38347

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 31-03-08 16:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
More tiresome continent/country bashing. Sigh...

Yes, so it seems:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=38414&highlight=
snow report
weatherHead, I hear that conditions in Leatherhead are appalling. Can you suggest an alternative destination in Utah please?
snow report
In response to the opening post, anyone who forecast "Today" for the next weatherHead report wins the 13ft overnight dump in Chatel.

And I can announce that the winner is a Mr J Wickes of Cirencester. Congratulations, Mr Wickes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy