Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Success at 6

Poster: A snowHead
You may remember that I asked for advice about when to start a child on boarding. Thanks for all the great feedback.

We've just returned from Avoriaz and although our 6 year old (girl) skied for most of the trip, we decided to let her give boarding a try.

Twinner managed to kit her out with the cutest little gear you've ever seen and then she was raring to go out and try it with her big brothers. First hour or two were spent messing about on a nursery slope but to my utter amazement it took her just one run to get her balance Shocked Second run she was off and away so we booked a private lesson for the next morning.

The ESF instructor was dubious about taking a novice 6 year old girl but with 2 hours he'd changed his mind. Her technique and confidence were astounding.

We managed to force her back onto skis for a little while but I have to reluctantly admit that we have lost her to the dark side Mad Mad My perfect little skier has become a grungy snowboarder and I blame those of you who told me to go for it!!

Advice now needed on how to convert her back again...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Before...

Little Angel

After

Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marmalade, She looks so cute ! Either way you must be proud of her achievements. Most can only wish to pick it up that quickly !!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kiddies look outrageously cutesome on snowboards, it has to be said! At six years that sort of performance on a board is well impressive - you clearly have a future pro rider on your hands there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marmalade, awww! Just like skiing, some kids take to boarding quickly, some don't. I do love watching the little boarders, they're like teddies. You had better learn to board too, to keep her company and have some idea what she's talking about. She'll love being better than you and giving you advice. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, She's certainly better than me!

I've had 2 snowboard lessons and I was a resounding failure - hated it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marmalade, insisting that she gets back on skis won't make you any better at either discipline, you know. Razz
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marmalade, aww, she's looks soo cute - that board is diddy Laughing My daughter learnt to ski at aged 12 and was looking good - then the following year she taught herself to snowboard and was on the black run after a few hours rolling eyes she hasn't skied since.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marmalade, Great photo .. really looks as if she's happy with her board ... who cares what she does as long as she's happy !!

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
She looks so much cooler on the board
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marmalade, WOW she looks like a complete natural, lucky (little) woman. may i ask - is that a skateboard deck? cos it looks ultra tiny lol! Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sherlock235, Not a skateboard I think just a very wee snowboard.

Just noticed that she has one less tooth on the after picture - this is not down to crashing, it just helps with the grungy image (french tooth fairy is very generous!)

Maybe she'll be the next
Alexis Rowland !!

A bit more practice needed perhaps! Thinking about buying her one to take to Cas now.

Lizzard, Thanks for the helpful comment Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
marmalade,
Quote:

Not a skateboard I think just a very wee snowboard

c'mon, you can tell the truth, it's a lolly stick isn't it??

(agree with all the cute comments.... on this basis, I've got 4 years until my lil boy can take up boarding....!)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My daughter's 4...

I hope she looks as cute in 2 years time and that she's just as talented, although she has not even started yet...

Being the only boarder/skier in the household, I have got an entire family to convert...Time to get to work!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
love the mini snowboard
ski holidays
Quel horreur! Evil or Very Mad

Bought a board on ebay for Twin 2, just for the Flow bindings on it. So now we have a spare board....

...hubby has just announced that he may take up snowboarding and use it!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Kruisler, That's my whole family converted (except me) so your family shouldn't be too difficult.

Oh well, at least I'll be the best skier in the family. Every cloud!
latest report
marmalade, speaking as a mother to a child of 5 who got boarding, they often revert to skiing.
my little girl (7 now) prefers skiing because she can go off piste and ride powder on ski's where as with boarding she finds it much harder work.
However she is disabled and doesn't have the same resources the average child has re stamina/balance/concentration, skiing is that much easier she doesn't have to put in much effort to be good, boarding is different!

Glad your little girl took to it, dont get too complacent thinking you will be the best skier, she'll probably be great at that too!
ski holidays
Quote:

dont get too complacent thinking you will be the best skier

I'll only be the best skier if I'm the only skier - she's already better than me Evil or Very Mad
snow report
best if she can do both wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy