Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires / Reberty 2000 Resort Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman has written a resort report for Les Menuires / Reberty 2000

This is a feedback thread for his report...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heading off to Les Menuires after Easter. Any top tips for a bunch of wide ranging intermediates, who like a scenic lunch off a plate, and atmospheric restaurants when too knackered to cook (Or take-away pizza) We are staying in the Sapiniere/Montagnettes bit of Reberty in an apartment. Thanks in advance, and thanks Frosty the Snowman for your report
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heading there tomorrow, last-minute booking - very excited!

Any hints and tips, esp recommended runs?? In particular can anyone recommend me a nice black run to start my progression onto them?! I don't mind steep but don't like bumpy/moguls or narrow!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cxxx, Etele. A doddle in good snow and the lift ids from Reberty.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin Nicholas, got back from Les M a week ago - was staying at Montagnettes! Nice accommodation (esp for France!). Only hitch is distance from all other bits of Les M. We ate in at night more than we planned because of that. One option in the evening is the resto just across the piste from Montagnettes called L'Etoile. Ate in there twice - first time good (is pricey - approx €30 for raclette/fondue), second time they were busier (Friday, ie last night) and service & food weren't great - they cocked up a fondue!! Even students can make fondue! Hope you're not a student! L'Etoile is also a great spot for your end of day refreshment as it is literally stumbling distance from Montagnettes - even on skis! NB tho, loses the sun just after 5pm. The best spot for a couple of vins chauds at the end of the day tho is the Chalet des Neiges at the bottom of the Allamands run (btw for intermediates like our group, Allamands can be "tasty" in the afternoon given snow conditions as it is one of the main ways back into Les M from Meribel! You earn your vin chaud!). Loads of deck chairs & waiter service - bliss! According to meribelunplugged they also do a good lunch but I didn't try it. Re. lunch I agree totally with Frosty the Snowman,'s tip about Le Grand Lac. Great terrasse in the sun, nice inside on a bad weather day. Good food, reasonably priced too. A fave of ours. Also if you find yourself in resort for lunch I'd ignore the Croisette & head for Bruyeres - the Marmitte Géant (or something like that) is a nice spot with a good approx €12 PdJ (waiter service). Les Sonailles below Bruyeres is also a nice quiet little spot - €11 PdJ. Semi self service - you order at the bar but they bring your food to you so that's OK (I'm not a self service fan!). It's on Bvd Cumin on the way back from Val Thorens. Incidentally Bvd Cumin is a rubbish little track - don't know why it's down as a red. There are a lot more lunch options too (like La Loy above St Martin - friend went there, says it's good) but I didn't try them as tended to be out of the valley come lunch. Did go to Chalet 2000 tho at Reberty & thought that the food wasn't up to scratch of other places. If you have a 3V pass & find yourself in VT for lunch then try Chalet 2 Ours at the bottom of Boismint run (nice quiet red) and on Blanchot (blue). Re. runs - there are a couple of nice reds off La Masse, Mont de la Chambre is a nice blue for the end of the day & the snow seems to hold up well compared to some of the other ways back into the valley. Cxxx, you will probably miss this post but if you have a 3V pass then try the black run, Ecureuil (Squirrel in English??!! Hold on to your nuts, I guess!) in Meribel (off Tougnettes). My hubby ventured on to blacks for the first time this yr & said that was a nice run (in decent snow of course!). Sorry to have gone on a bit but hope that helps. Martin Nicholas, feel free to ask any other burning questions and have a great time! Am massively envious!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead neigehead snowHead , Many thanks for great report, Very helpful. snowHead My student days are well behind me and most of my Fondue eating too! Getting pretty excited, and just waiting for the €uro to clamber back in to the realm of reasonable value before topping up lift passes on line. Snow looks fantastic - bring it on.... and a deck chair in the sun for Mrs N!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like the restaurant on the left as you go down to St. Martin de Belleville - it's just where the bubble out of the village stops and the next chair starts - can't remember what it's called but great food and worht a trip.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Martin Nicholas, i'm working in Les Men, the best place for food is La Firme de Reberty near the bottom of the Etelle lift

The snow is awesome at the moment - I've spent the last two days upto my knees in powder and it looks like there's more to come next week too!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
5stitches, snowHead snowHead snowHead
I'm getting very excited! Where do you work? We're looking for a chalet for 16+ next April for a family group of Teens / parents so any recommendations welcome.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy