Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Medical assistance / facilities in La Rosiere ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Very Happy
At the risk of sounding like a doom monger Shocked , I would like to know what the facilities are like in La Rosiere if one of our party have an accident .
The reason I'm asking is that in our last 2 holidays to Bansko, we have managed to accumulate a range of injuries- a broken wrist in January for my daughter , and a broken arm for my son in March,and a nasty concussion for me also in March Shocked
Hopefully we've had more than our share of bad luck, but you never know .....!

It really brought it home to me how important it is to research what will be on offer with regard to treatment as I got totally shafted by my insurance company, and ended up spending 3 days in Razlog Hospital( nightmare place !)

So, I'm guessing that La Rosiere will have better medical facilities than Bansko ?
Does anyone know if tourists are treated in the local state hospital or private medical centre ?
Which insurance companies are highly recommended and have actually been put to the test by snowheads with injuries ?

Also can anyone recommend a decent hotel/chalet /apartment that is ski in/ski out , or easy walking distance to the lifts or ski school please ?
Thanx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Rosiere does not have a hospital - if you required hospital treatment that would be down in the valley in Bourg St Maurice. I'm pleased to say that we have not had to sample the medical facilities there so can't comment on clinics/GPs.

Plenty of threads on ski insurance - use the search facility - at the top of the page "Forum Search".

We stayed at les Cimes Blanches which is at the les Eucherts end of the village and is ski in ski out. Very nice apartments.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you break big, you'll be shipped further down the valley to Albertville.....but don't panic, contrary to rumours, French hospitals have running water and basic hygiene standards these days. Some even have electricity and doctors.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
carla, there is a doctor in the village, his offices are in the Cabinet Medical, just opposite the Maison de Ski - lift pass offices. He speaks good english, the nearest hospital is Bourg St Maurice 23 kms away, with the major facility in Chambery. We use ski-insurance.co.uk don't know what they're like, we've never had to claim but we always recommend buying the Carte Neige with your lift pass, for about €3 per day you're covered for evacuation off the slopes and delivery to the hospital. Just make sure you have your E111 card if you need hospital treatment, the regime in France is pay first and then claim back from either the state or private insurer, usually a combination of both. I'd be very disappointed if medical facilities in the village weren't better than Bansko but I've never had to try them so I've no way of knowing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had to take youngest to the docs in La Ros with a suspected broken wrist, thankfully only badly sprained. Doc x-rayed it there and then, and sent him to the pharmacy for a suitable support bandage. All done in half an hour and didn't even cost us as much as the insurance excess.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy