Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ischgl hotel info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about mid-April trip to Ischgl as some very good cheap flights to Innsbruck. Anyone any travel advice from there to Ishcgl? Also anyone any good recommendations as to where to stay, don't want to self cater but anything else considered.

Let it snow some more!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skivor wrote:
Thinking about mid-April trip to Ischgl as some very good cheap flights to Innsbruck. Anyone any travel advice from there to Ishcgl? Also anyone any good recommendations as to where to stay, don't want to self cater but anything else considered.

Let it snow some more!

The drive from Innsbruck to Ischgl is easy. Motorway all the way to Landeck, then a short drive up the valley. Parking is free in the main car park by the Silvrettabahn. Would imagine the train/bus option is easy as well, since the buses from Ischgl to Landeck are fairly frequent, but I've never done it.

There isn't much in the way of self catering options anyway. I've stayed in the Albona and Flianna. Both were excellent. But the standard is high in Ischgl so I'd imagine it's very hard to go wrong.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only stayed in one hotel - the Trofana Royal - be prepared to pay for the privilege !!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get the Postbus much cheaper. Requires a change at Pians.

Mid April this year Ischgl will be a goast town your be able to take your pick of acccomodation. I think many Hotels will be closing up after the end of this week, however there still be plenty of places to stay.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton, the big ones were still offering spaces for next week last time I looked. I'm booked into the Solaria 29th - 5th. Has anyone stayed there? It looks nice from the web pix snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Parking is free in the main car park by the Silvrettabahn.

When I went this year you could not park overnight in the lift car parks, I would check with any accommodation provider about parking if intending to drive.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stayed last week in Hotel Lamtana - was very pleasant , small-ish friendly place - 5 min walk to Silvrettbahn, ski back to door (maybe not in late april?)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skivor,
was in ischgl late january & stayed B&B in the Chesa Monte. Found it clean ,friendly, centrally located & a reasonable price by Ischgl standards.
Innsbruck to Ischgl was easy using bus from airport to station, train to Landeck, then postbus to ischgl. All run pretty frequently.
Timetables can be found via the OBB or Ischgl websites
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've stayed in the Stefanie and Dorfschmeider, both new and excellent b&bs in the centre of town.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have stayed several times in the Goldener Adler, most recently in December. It's right in the centre of town by the church, very convenient for lifts. Lovely old building that has been tastefully modernised inside. Good food, excellent "wellness centre" (sauna, jacuzzi, etc.), pleasant staff.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed at a hotel Garni (breakfast only) called the Tanzer. Was ski in at the end of the day, and a 5 minute flat walk to the lifts at the beginning.

Great little B&B, but I do think that Ischgl accommodation is generally of a very high standard so you would be hard pressed to make a big mistake. There are some very smart and expensive places though!

We took a taxi from Innsbruck airport to Ischgl as there were 8 of us so it was really good value. Other alternatives would be train to Landeck plus post bus, or train plus taxi, or hire a car. Probably wouldn't bother with a car personally as it's quite far up the valley, so personally I probably wouldn't use the car between arrival and departure day, unlike some areas where we ski different areas each daym although there are some other smaller ski areas on the valley approach road.

D
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Given the fact that you can't go far wrong with accomodation in Ischgl, I would suggest that you are better off being as near the dorftunnel as possible.
The shiny new Fimba gondola is accessed through the tunnel and is the quietest of the 3 uplifts.
I just stayed at the Dorfschmiede - was very pleased with it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the useful information, you can always rely on snowheads !!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have just booked Hotel Persura for next February half term. The only one that I could find that was reasonably priced and fairly central (I think as website in German). Everything seems to be getting booked fairly quickly as this was my third choice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy