Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Riser plates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok,

I'm heading out to Austria a couple of days before Christmas, and I'm looking at getting some riser plates for my board. I've got size 11 1/2 boots on a 250mm wide board, so I end up with about an 3/4 inch overhang on shallow duck angles (roughly +10, -10).
Basically, I'm wonderin if anyone has any experience with either the Palmer power link, Burton Elevators or Volkl plates. Also, if anybody thinks it is worth investing in higher end plates?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sometimes you don't need them if you got "chunkier" bindings. I've never used them as flow bindings lift my toes up sufficiently, can't recall anyone here having used them before.......... Puzzled

I take it that it is 3/4" on both the toes and heel side??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry, that should be three qarters of an inch on the toe side only. My boot is lifted up quite a lot on the hell side, so shouldn't be a problem. To be honest, the toe side is quite elevated as well (Burton Cartels with "gas pedals"). I'm not so sure, so I might buy some cheap ones and not use them for the first day in Austria. If I have problems with toe drag, I can just stick them on the board for the rest of the time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
surely your bindings should be so that "overhang" is even from heel & toe.................? Then there would be no problem either side?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry, I'll make myself clear. THere is overhang on the back, but the way the binding is designed, the boot is elevated alot at the back. Probably pretty equal on both sides Anyway, I'm just going to order some cheap risers and see if they make a difference
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get a wider board
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy