Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Chalet Glacier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just been told by our operator that they wish to change our accomodation from Hameau du Borsat in Val Claret (self catering but central and handy for shops) to Chalet Glacier in Le Lac/ Lavachet ( 3 rooms for myself and 4 children and half board) Puzzled

Is Chalet Glacier any good, is it close to restuarants, bars shops etc or should we dig our heels in Madeye-Smiley Also Val Claret is higher up I believe and handier for access to the glacier if the snow deteriorates

We are due to leave this saturday so it is a bit of a pain. Bit worried that the new accomodation may involve a trek for the kids (and me!) Confused

Thanks
Paul
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nippers wrote:

Also Val Claret is higher up I believe and handier for access to the glacier if the snow deteriorates

Thanks
Paul

For the snow to deteriorate before this saturday we need temperatures above 100 degrees wink

We have mega amounts of snow and it is bl**dy cold.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nippers, If they are paying for your food, then it seems like a good deal. AFAIR the Glacier is slopeside and very close to a couple of chairlifts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in Chalet Glacier in January. The free shuttle bus stop is just a short walk and you could take this to Val Claret or Le Lac, I think it runs every few minutes, and it's right by two lifts, Paquis and Chaudannes and you can almost ski in and out. We found it handy enough and the food was OK. It's a short walk to Le Lavachet and a slightly longer one to Le Lac, but then you do have the free bus too.

It's true that Glacier access is a bit harder but shouldn't be a problem either. I suppose it's also a bit quieter than Val Claret Centre. If I were presented with this as an alternative I wouldn't be too fussed and you do save on food bills
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nippers, I am not sure about the location of Chalet Glacier itself, but I have stayed at both Val Claret and Le Lac - and really enjoyed staying at Le Lac.

Le Lac has a fantastic new swimming pool complex, lots of ski lifts coming down to it, and a very regular bus service up to Val Claret. Val Claret is nearer for the glacier, but I really didn't find that a problem - there are loads of lifts out to other parts and good access across to Val D from Le Lac.

Go to Le Lac and be very pleased you won't have to cook!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the Feedback - Chalet Glacier it is then Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy