Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Europecar - Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hire a car from Europecar early Jan 08. Left it parked overnight in Chamonix and it got keyed across two doors (scum!). Went to police trying to report but didn’t have a translator so got turned away. Had to get back to Geneva for flight so returned car and filled out an incident report. Yesterday a letter turned up saying they had charged my credit card 1,100CHF!!. At the time I took out the additional cover so any thoughts on were I stand with this? Haven’t called them yet so any advice appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's the "additional cover" cover?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Took out a waiver to reduce the excess in the event of an accident. I'll re-check the paperwork to see what the new excess level is.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tp023, but it wasn't an accident - check to see whether malicious damage is covered. Sometimes things like windscreens and wheel trims aren't covered so you can take out extra cover (done this in Spain)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tp023, This may not be much help but FWIW:

A couple of year ago I hired from Europcar and on the return journey one of the windscreen wipers came loose and stopped wiping (which wasn't much fun as it was tipping it down at the time). On returning the car I reported the problem to them thinijng they could easily get a spanner and tighten the nut up (which was all that was wrong).

When I got my credit card bill there was a £650 charge on it for 'damage'. Needless to say I went ballistic and phoned their hire office. After being passed around a dozen departments eventually they admitted that their standard practice was to levy such a charge, then investigate and if the fault was not with the firer to refund it. They duly refunded me a week later.

HOWEVER - currency charges and changes in the Euro rate meant that after the 'full' refund I was £70 out of pocket. It took a lot more increasingly stroppy phone calls to both them and Barclaycard until I finally got a full credit.

I haven't used Europcar or Barclaycard since. Evil or Very Mad

My advice, if you are covered play merry hell with them, and insist on a refund OF THE £££ amount.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was looking at this http://www.insurance4carhire.com as advertised on Easyjet and was wondering if it's worthwhiletp023, experience suggests it may be.
Does anyone have experience of this type of insurance?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, I have seen it mentioned in other threads - IIRC rob@rar has it, or something similar
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a similar experience to Axsman's with Avis. I ended up writing to the company secretray telling him or her that if I didn't get my money back pronto I would report them to the Office of Fair Trading because I felt that the terms they were relying on were illegal. Funnily enough the money appeared pretty quickly after that
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have an insurance4carhire policy. I have claimed on it twice for damage which wasn't covered by car hire company insurance. First time a rock hit the roof on a mountain road in Slovenia (strangely rental insurance excluded damage to roof amongst other things), second time damage to windscreen. Both times I was charged by rental car company on Credit Card and then had to claim for refund. They paid out quickly and easily both times. In my experience it is worth having.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
casnbs, Thanks for that, so in your experience well worth it Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy