Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hellbent ski

Poster: A snowHead
I just purchased the 179 K2 Hellbent. I'm thinking of mounting them +6 or +7. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions for bindings too?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You going to be 'Dropping It'? What do you weigh? How High?
As for the balance point i'd go see a Boot Balancer first, check Epic for the nearest to you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AFAIR I measured the core centre at +7.5/8 so I'd only mount up there if you're jibbing or riding switch a lot. I've mounted three pairs of Hellbents this season. One pair was with Dukes at +3 at my clients request for a powder only ski but I've had no feedback from him - although there didn't look much tail although the long tip can be misleading. The other two I mounted with Vist 816's at +5 for a good all mountain set-up & both customers have loved them. Did all three by mail so none of the customers could go on my balancer.

As SZK said, need more info re bindings (what DIN setting do you use) but if you're using the ski as designed then you're going to want a quality binding like the Vist614/816, s916, PX14/18 or Dukes if you plan on walking.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, Walking on De-cambered skis? Rather you than me. Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was planning on dropping maybe 15 maybe 20 at most. I weigh 160 5'11 Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Look PX18.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im like those px18 but I think Im going to get the marker jesters. I emailed Fujas and he suggested a +5 or +6, and he said that he mounts his Hellbents at +7. So Im thinking Ill go with +6. Im just hoping if I hit any drops that I won't go front foward and tomahawk the rest of the way down. Anymore advice homies?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Balance isn't about what's right for a friend, it's about your internal boot ramp angles matching the balance of the ski.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok. My boots are Salomon Kaos's. What do you suggest then?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
whistlerbc23, No, it's you in your boots, measuring Dorsiflexion, adjusting ramp angle accordingly and then adjusting the binding mount for the adjustments to the boots. If you haven't had your boots balanced, you risk making things worse as much as improving things. What would i suggest? Seeing one of the Boot balancing guys over your way, they'll assess the need for ramp adjustment and tell you exactly where to mount. Otherwise your 'Pi$$ing in the Wind.'
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks bro. I guess I should read between the lines on your first entry. do you have the website for that boot balancer (epic?)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah, go Epic and ask the Boot guys in equipment section.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thats great but whats the website????
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
whistlerbc23, Epic is at http://epicski.com/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, good info here....

As per my other post about winning those K2 skis, well i got PE's in 179 in the end. The bindings i'm getting with them are Marker 12 Free. I weigh 14.5 st and am 6'4". I've read some bad reviews but have also discovered that people had problems with them due to them not being mounted properly (some screw at the back that wasn't screwed in enough).

So, you reckon i'll be ok with those bindings or should i look for something else?

And, for general all mountain use where would you mount them?

Thanks for any info. I'll need to find a shop in Edinburgh to mount them. Choices are Blues or Freeze...

Puzzled
latest report
shoogly, 179 is kinda short isn't it for a guy of your size? If you have a choice of bindings for someone of your stats I wouldn't put Markers on.
ski holidays
spyderjon, It's the only choice i had and 179s are the longest PE. also aparantly they actually measure 182 or 3. If i had a choice i would have gone for the Outlaws, but even they only come in at 181 at their longest length.

So do you recon i'd be better off getting a set of Look bindings for the skis? PX 14?
ski holidays
shoogly wrote:
.....So do you recon i'd be better off getting a set of Look bindings for the skis? PX 14?

Yep. The VIST bindings are also bomber. You can get VIST's in Scotland from LMF Services Tel: 07803 268513.

What's your usual DIN setting?
snow conditions
shoogly wrote:
spyderjon, It's the only choice i had and 179s are the longest PE. also aparantly they actually measure 182 or 3. If i had a choice i would have gone for the Outlaws, but even they only come in at 181 at their longest length.

Or you could sell them on & get a pair of 187 High Society FR's from Freeze wink
snow conditions
spyderjon, that's a nice idea Very Happy

I normally set my bindings to about 8. I didn have them at 7 as i am wary of my knees going (years of amateur football Sad ) but found that they released a wee bit earlier than i liked.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy