Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Ive come to work in the Hotel Belle Aurore, Route Du signal, Alpe D'Huez and i need to get home asap, would be flying from Grenoble airport to anywhere in the uk, having alot of trouble finding out how to get to the airport from my resort. help me please?!

Many Thanks,

Jordan a.k.a lost traveller
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are buses that go everyday. You just need to change at Grenoble bus station.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jordzz2007, check at tourist information office?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thats good, do you know where from belle aurore i can catch them? how much does it cost etc?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jordzz2007, isn't there anyone who can help you at the hotel?? If not, as holidayloverxx said, the tourist info office is your best bet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jordzz2007,

I'd guess about 15eu on the post bus...to the Gare ( Le Grave is 15,90eu ) and then maybe 5eu for the airport...????
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jordzz2007, if you are working at the hotel, someone may have info on private transfers, most private transfers around here are happy to help out local staff if they are already going to the airport... maybe worth asking a few people!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I was in resort I kept seeing adverts for http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ they do daily tranfers to grenable from alpe d'huez and seem to be reasonably priced, hope that helps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jordzz2007, the bus station in ADH is at the bottom end of resort opposite the fire station. Why won't your manager/Ben/whoever help you out with this?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
whats post bus...to the Gare ( Le Grave) ???
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jordzz2007,

Le Grave to Grenoble train station is 15.90eu by bus and I'd guess it is there or thereabouts the same sort of distance from ADH to the Station at Grenoble... to give you an idea of the sort of distance per cost.

Are you still lost as you posted this over 24hrs ago... and still don't seem to know how to get bus timetables that run from the resort..
1st port of call should be the tourist office

Is this a wind-up...??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT wrote:
[
Is this a wind-up...??

Is the Pope a Catholic? Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
no, im still at the hotel, ive been tourist office but i have no money, is it feasible or just plain stupid to walk to the airport from alp d'huez in 24 hours?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jordzz2007, if you're working at the hotel, can't they advance your wages or lend you some money? Have you no family/friends who could buy you a bus ticket online? If it's a family emergency, your travel insurer should be able to help, and if the worst comes to the worst, contact the British Embassy (Paris), who can lend money to stranded Brits directly or put you in touch with a consulate if there is one nearer.
latest report
jordzz2007, No, just walk - you'll be fine....in fact, save on the airfare and just walk all the way home, or better still, get to the peage, flutter your eyelashes at a Norbert Dentressangle driver, and you'll be home in time for tea
latest report
jordzz2007, no, it's very stupid.

This is a load of rubbish really, isn't it? You've been there all season and can't find the bus station, don't have 20€ to pay for a ticket, and can't get any help from either your hotel manager or your area manager. What's really going on?
ski holidays
Lizzard, it does all seem a little odd, doesn't it? I have been wondering some uncharitable thoughts...
latest report
Guvnor,
Quote:

walk - you'll be fine....in fact, save on the airfare and just walk all the way home

took the words out of my mouth......
ski holidays
Do you need me to paypal you some money? Is that the issue? Laughing
snow conditions
Timmaah, that's been my primary uncharitable thought...am beginning to be reminded of a little scam some people round here were working a few years ago. Apologies to OP if not so, but you must admit it all seems a bit strange.
latest report
It was three days ago, he's either starved, frozen, or hitched it by now anyway Twisted Evil Laughing
snow conditions
Axsman, we can only hope Laughing Twisted Evil
latest report
haha, very funny u guys make me laugh. but seriously its no scam or anything like that, im working at belle aurore, im broke and want to go home i have to stay till the end of the season now to get a free flight home etc. i have a m8 who'll pay for the flight its just getting to the airport/grenoble wich is proving difficult with no funds!? do ne of u guys know a way to book a coach/bus ticket for friday or saturday online?
Much appreciate your help and sense of humours!
ski holidays
jordzz2007, stand on road, stick out thumb, wait..........

HTH
latest report
jordzz2007, can you wait until you get paid, or were you planning to do a runner?
snow report
harhar. im new to travelin n shiz so back off Axsman, unless ure gonna come rescue me stop taking the wee wee! lol
snow conditions
i was plannin a runner tbh Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jordzz2007, go to the bus station in Alpe d'Huez and buy a ticket - fare is about 20€. If you can't find the bus station, your manager/the tourist office/practically any of your fellow seasonnaires can show you where it is.

Given that 'the rest of the season' amounts to four weeks max, why don't you just stay? If you leave at this point you will not only pay for your flight, but also lose your bond and bonus, which amounts to about £250 if I remember correctly. If you're as skint as you say, I suggest that you can't afford to jack the job in at this late stage.

Are you absolutely SURE there's nothing else you'd like to tell us? Laughing
latest report
Quote:

i was plannin a runner tbh

You're a jerk then. Man up and resign properly like an adult.
latest report
jordzz2007, Yeah, sure I'll come and rescue you. Just wait by the bus station, I'll be along soon ..... Twisted Evil
snow report
jordzz2007, please post this on Natives, you'll get a lot more helpful responses on there.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, stop trying to get the child flamed. Laughing
snow conditions
jordzz2007 wrote:
harhar. im new to travelin n shiz so back off Axsman, unless ure gonna come rescue me stop taking the wee wee! lol

Jordan, I'll get my friend John Darm to meet you. He'll be there with his friend Ann Demurd, she's quite well known in AdH for her bootfitting - I'm sure a few of the locals will know her as Boot Ann Demurd.

So, go into the centre of town and ask for Boot Ann Demurd and John Darm. You'll get picked up in next to no time.
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, stop trying to get the child flamed. Laughing

OK. Laughing
snow conditions
WTFH: Well done a nice gesture for what seems like a very confused lad Very Happy
latest report
Ordhan, speaking of nice gestures, how's your phonetic french?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
jordzz2007, broke and illiterate. You're doing well for yourself! Maybe Natives is a good idea - they might stand a better chance of deciphering your broken English.

If you haven't got any money, why do you keep asking about buses?! Just stick you thumb out like so many have already suggested.

nice one Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing love the phonetics.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing Laughing brilliant, that's some of the best advice I've seen on here.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy