Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anywhere good bet for mid May??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any chance mid May -10th or 17th ? Europe preferably.

Are the summer ski areas open then i.e. Les Deux Alpes, Zermatt others?? Do they stay open right through?

What is this like compared to winter season skiing?

Looks like my chances of getting out before the end of this season are heading towards none now and so our next window is May and I am just wondering if it's a possibility or if I have to forget it til next season Sad

All suggestions welcome, thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Zermatt, Hintertux and Tignes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This links to a page showing the closing dates for some major resorts this season

http://www.igluski.com/ski-resort-closing-dates2008.cfm

Looks like most resorts will have closed for the season by then, but there are a couple you could try...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am heading out to Austria for May BH w/end, will probably spend most time on the Stubai glacier. I think Pitztal and Kaunertal will also still be open then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold, thanks am looking at Zermatt, it's a favourite resort of mine, there are just a few runs open in May, more open later on from what I can gather on their website.
KateF, very useful list, I was looking for something like this so thanks, picked up Engelberg as an extra option from this.
the ice perv, which BH? the beginning of May or end? I am going to look into Pitztal and the others you suggested too.

Also I've identified the Kitzsteinhorn area above Kaprun/Zell am See as being open til 1 June then again after 22 June, anyone comment on this as an option?

Also the Sunday Times Travel Mag says that Voss in Norway is open through May but I can't confirm that from the Voss website.

Thanks again snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone know how many kms of piste are open in these resorts in May? If the snow is there will they open more lifts or is it just the glaciers? I have been looking at Engelberg for May bank holiday but their website isn't great for info.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
According to:

http://www.bergfex.com/schweiz/saisonende/

Engelberg shuts 4th May. I am heading out to Austria for early May BH.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the ice perv, look at this though on the Engelberg site, the lift timetable seems to imply open til 25th May Puzzled
http://www.titlis.ch/timetable.php?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmmm - we have 2x 4-day weekends and 1x 3-day weekend in May here in germany (3 public holidays and 2 forced bridging holidays).
1st weekend is already taken, but the other two... /me frantically tries to find somewhere decent for 10-12th and 22-25th May.
(Shame those weekends aren't in March/April)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah, maybe it's the lower, non-glacier runs that are scheduled to close 4th May.

andy, what tf is a "forced bridging holiday"??
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the ice perv, 2 holidays fall on a thursday this year, and Germany doesn't shift holidays to a Monday like UK. Many companies remain closed on the Friday (this year), and force employees to take a day leave (but they do give us an extra 5 days to allocate as enforced leave, although it is usually only 3-4 per year)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy