Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget Airline Winter Schedule 2008-9

Poster: A snowHead
At the moment Im in the early stages of planning my skiing holiday for next year.

When do the budget airlines release their winter schedules?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dont just restrict yourelf to the budgets, if you're booking early enough the likes of Air France, BA, Swiss, BMI etc can be just as competitive. Worth looking at every option.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AFAIR it's around the end July/beg Aug, but seems to be earlier every year, as they try to steal each other's thunder.

Different airlines, even different routes on same airline, are released on different dates. Keep your eyes and ears open, you can sign up for e-mail alerts too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I booked winter flights on 2nd Aug last year, so I suspect this is approximate release time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We booked some mid July last year, as the others have said it varies, just keep looking for info.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gilberts Fridge, from where Im looking to go to the only airlines are Easyjet, Ryanair and BA.

So I will look at BA's prices as well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sleazy was June last year - but different routes on different dates, Luton -GVA well before EMA.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Christopher, BA's flights are already on sale.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
you can sign up for e-mail alerts too.

and in the case of easyJet you will get an email some days after the routes open; complete waste of time. Better to keep an eye on Snowheads, whose selfless posters will signal the opening of the schedules once they've booked their own flight. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, Cheers didn't realise BA released their flights so early.

I'll hold on to find out how much easyjet and ryanairs prices are before I book anything.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Christopher, but the BA prices will be much higher by then! It's all a bit of a lottery. If you are looking at peak weekend flights, the easyJet ones tend to start out quite pricey. Fair enough, I suppose; inelasticities of demand.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is a lottery, but I think I can get the BA prices at least from the budget airlines.

Yes it is peak time being the weekend christmas, which does mean the prices aren't as good. Thats what you have to put up with when you have to conform to school holidays.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher, don't forget that BA prices include decent baggage allowances, including free ski carriage - at the moment, anyway.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely don't rule out scheduled airlines...

For me, Frankfurt to Geneva, 10th-18th Jan 09, bookable today:
Price per person = 3 EUR, All taxes etc. = 86.84 EUR, Booking Fee = 14 EUR (Total = 103.84 EUR)

Used to be 6 EUR each way with total cost of 98 EUR for the last 3 years.

At that price, I could book now, and worry about where to go (or even if the boss will let me have that week off) later.

BA et al must be similar? Not sure how the No Frills airlines compare, but I do get a free drink, coffee, sarnie and choccie biccy on that flight and 20kg + skis allowance. (Edit: and get a few airmiles too)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Christopher, Flybe...will be releasing their winter schedule at the end of June
latest report
At one time I used Flybe quite a bit, from Southampton - Chambery, but they do seem to have become quite expensive, at least compared to easyJet from Gatwick to Geneva. BMI baby have some good prices from the Midlands, if you book early.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy