Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Park , Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been in Winter Park between 8th and 19th March and can report great snow conditions throughout. Skied on the morning we departed and could still find powder through the trees on many runs particularly in the Panoramic and Eagle Wind areas. 15" of new snow fell on 14th March with a small top up every few days after.

Temperatures have been consistancy low even with the sun. First thing in the morning the trails have been hard but nothing like European standards for March and they soon soften. The only downside was that it has been spring break for the high schools that has increased the no. of people in resort but after that first lift of the day you can easily get away from the queues.

Best trails? Mary Jane and Sleeper for groomed; Calypso, Kinnikinnic & Thunderbird for tree skiing; Drunken Frenchman, Golden Spike for bumps and steeps. Didn't get round to the double black diamonds & extreme runs.

Also went across to Copper Mountain for a day and conditions there were also great.

The bases of my skis look as if I have skied for '5 minutes' in the Alps, hardly a scratch! fantastic and I'll be going back
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hunsbury, Good to hear about Winter Park. Seriously looking at it for family trip beginning of January 09. Where did you stay? snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
janeb,

Was at the WP Mountain Lodge but wouldn't recommend it as it was out of town and we had to get a shuttle bus into town to eat/shop etc. each day. Also frustrating as you can see the Zephyr lift from the hotel but have to get the shuttle (every 20 to 30 minutes) to the slopes despite what the Crystal brochure states. Lots of development going on and should be plenty of choice for next season.

On the plus side for the resort everyone was so friendly and there were no queues for the lifts except for weekends when the Denver crew came up for the weekend; great trails (pistes) for all abilities and lessons were only £15 for 2 1/2 hours if booked via the tour operator. PM me if you'd like to know anything more specific.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy