Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Revelstoke

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skied Revelstoke for a day during our recent trip to banff. We were already planning on skiing Kicking Horse since we had our own vehicle and thinking of seeing Revelstoke. The clincher was a chance meeting on a chairlift of a British couple who for the last nine years have been living in Canmore/working in Calgary.They had been a couple of weeks ago and said it was fantastic. The told us of a motel deal, bed, breakfast and lift ticket for $99 Shocked

We headed to Kicking Horse( 2 hrs drive approx) stopped enroute at the Kicking Horse River Lodge for breakfast -$7.50 for full breakfast before 8.30am. Skied here all day then drove over to Revelstoke ( around 2 hrs drive again ) booked into motel. We used the Powder Springs Inn, but its a little tired inside, ok though for a night. Also had free use of hottubs, their saunas and even the pool across the road. If I was going back think Id stay at the Regent Inn. We ate here and seemed a lot nicer.

Headed up to Revelstoke and before we skied took a look at the village they have built

then drove up the road to the mountain. They only had the gondola open and the top quad chair but its enough. The snow was a little wet and sticky lower down so we skied off the top quad most of the day, only came down for the camera - forgot it in the morning Embarassed bought 'lunch' coffee and cinnamon bun to have on the way up. The piste map doesnt look much but the chair takes the same time travelling as the gondola. they were claiming 5 - 10 cm of snow but was up to the tops of our boots most of the day and snowed all day.

Had a couple of runs on the busy pistes

Then headed to the good stuff, gladed skiing and the bowls. Fresh untouched snow loverly soft powder falling all day and the occasional snow lover found too !!

You can just see SWMBO's tracks through the gap to get to another powder stash

We had a great day and would have liked to have stayed for another, there must have only been around 200 people on the slopes all day, the piste map is deceptive and all the trees are skiable if a little tight wink. Theres also hiking terrain but with the dodgy knee I couldnt do it, and there really wasnt the need. The runs down to the resort just keep going on and on, we only did it a couple of times due to the snow conditions but you think they will never end. Having skied Whistler these seemed much longer but really I doubt it now. They are tho more interesting.

If we could go back we deffinately would, at the moment theres probably enough to keep us happy for about 4- 5 days wherre as Lake louise and Sunshine we started to get bored after a couple of days at each. Terrain wise the grading seems more difficult than either LL or Sunshine which differ from each other. Its more on a par with Kicking Horse.

Enroute back we stayed at the Kicking Horse River Lodge -$125 a night for the room, having driven from Revelstoke, then skied Kicking Horse again.

Theres more photos uploaded if anyone cares to look, if anyones thinking of going, do its an amazing place thats going to be lost to the developers.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 23-03-08 9:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bones, great to see some photos - thanks for the report.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied Revelstoke on a 22cm fresh day just last week. Insane resort, well worth the visit.
Apparently the highest numbers of the season were around 2700, a little too much for the amount of terrain, and 1.5 lifts. When I was there, it was so quiet you didn't even get to watch people ski while riding the lifts, no one around, there was still plenty of fresh left when the mountain closed.
Lots of good tree runs, consistently steep terrain. Long (1klm vertical) groomed runs, both black and blue that didn't have any flat spots, you gotta ski the steep groomers the whole fun, ALOT of fun, and a lot of speed, pretty dangerous when going over rolls etc...
I hiked up into the North Bowl, not really worth it ....YET... basically you get a few good turns, then you need to traverse for ages and hike a short cat track back to the lifts, next year there should be a chair down there...much better.
All in all, worth a look. I intend to spend a few days there next season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy