Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1080 foils and touring bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Both the brakes on the salomon 912 bindings on my 1080 foils are stuffed. I love the skis - but have some Nomad Crimsons also. I only end up skinning perhaps 1-2 days a year (none this year) but thought that to make the 1080s more versatile it might be worth putting some AT bindings (Freeride Plus?) on them.

Is this stupid?
Will the increased sole height mean that the 1080s performance is compromised?
Anyone done something similar?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The extra stack height and binding slop will make effect their downhill performance a bit, yeah. Dukes solve that but it means less ease of use, up to you which you prefer really. I really want to go Dynafit if I sacrifice the dh performance of Dukes though. Maybe something to consider if you're gonna invest in AT boots, but sounds like you're not.

They should go uphill well though, pretty light. I've heard second hand that they make a good tele ski too (though I know nothing about that...)

FWIW, solly brakes should be cheap and easily replaced...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i put freerides onto a pair of movement glads and love the setup (yes a wee bit high, but overall great). big difference in stiffness between those two though so dunno.

you can get replacement DH brakes for about £15 on line (i got a pair off finches a few years back)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks chaps - yes one of the advantages of the Solly Brakes is that you can unscrew them easily and remove them for tuning etc. Unfortunately - in my clumsy hands/feet that appears to be their downfall too. A bit worrying to get to the top of a hike, chuck them on he ground and see the brake drop off one... and the same happen the next day shedding lots of little bits... Also perhaps not the best bindings for getting on in deep snow. ?? Looks are better for this.

Anyway this is about me making them more useful in different circumstances, Probably will go for the touring bindings. Pretty cheap from conrad - but might see if there are any end of season deals. Thanks for the insights
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy