Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resort choice next year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just had a fantastic holiday in serre che with amazing accomodation altho in a quit part of resort (le bez). Some ideas for next year meeting these criteria:

1. self catering accomodation of good quality with 4 double/twin rooms sleeping 8 at a price no more than 2000 euros (2nd week of march);
2. within relatively easy reach of an airport with cheap flight options and an afordable transfer price this year we paid 720 euros return for 8 + baby;
3. range of slopes suiting adventurous/ brave (aka foolhardy) intermediates who think they are better than they are) but also early intermediates wih good sized ski area.
4. france, italy austria or switzerland

some ideas I've thought of include arabba or flims. anyone any ideas on accomodation options in either. I would happily go back to serre chevalier but others want to try somewhere else next year despite thinking it was great rolling eyes

also fancy ischgl but having checked out resort website wasn't seeing any accom options.

suggestions welcome Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may struggle to get self catering accommmodation in Ischgl. It is dominated by hotels and guest houses. I stay every year in the hotel Neder which is a guest house but it has a self contained appartment sleeping six and, if you ring around, you may get somewhere that sleeps eight though I doubt you'll get something for the price you want to pay. As for flights Innsbruck is only about an hour away but isn't cheap to get to. Salzburg or Zurich are cheaper but involve much longer transfers. However, judging by what you are looking for the skiing should be ideal.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Corky wrote:
You may struggle to get self catering accommmodation in Ischgl. It is dominated by hotels and guest houses. I stay every year in the hotel Neder which is a guest house but it has a self contained appartment sleeping six and, if you ring around, you may get somewhere that sleeps eight though I doubt you'll get something for the price you want to pay. As for flights Innsbruck is only about an hour away but isn't cheap to get to. Salzburg or Zurich are cheaper but involve much longer transfers. However, judging by what you are looking for the skiing should be ideal.

I feared that would be the case for ischgl. thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We'll be looking for something similar next year - probably 10 people, probably Jan, but same criteria otherwise - I'd be intrested to see suggestions!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, I've just taken a group of six to Ischgl a couple of weeks ago (22nd-29th Feb) and we managed to find good self-catered accommodation -- in the end we took two separate flats in the Arthotel Gruetter - clean, spacious and altogether a good experience. I think it'd probably set you back a bit more than 2,000 EUR though; PM me if you want details.

Corky's right, the skiing sounds ideal.

Quite a few of the hotels seem to offer one or more "Ferienwohnungen" and you can search for these on Ischgl's interactive map. I found I got the best response by identifying likely places through the map or search facility, then dropping an email directly through to the owners. We did a fair bit of searching before we found somewhere suitable with space, but you're starting the search a lot earlier than we did!

We saved ££ on flights into Innsbruck by flying in on a Friday, out on Sunday, and taking two nights in a hostel in Innsbruck both ways -- cab transfers each way were 360EUR total, arranged with local cab firm. Again, shout if you want details (you too robcraine, always happy to help)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy