Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prescription glasses and goggles

Poster: A snowHead
I’m looking for a better solution than wearing prescription glasses with a pair of ‘fit over glasses’ Smith goggles. I find they suffer from misting too easily and are uncomfortable. Does anyone have a better solution?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nugget, Hi nugget - welcome. Have you tried the search function Top left of the screen - there is a huge amount of discussion on this in recent months and a seach might be quicker than waiting for people to respond.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, I have but I still really can’t find an ideal solution.

I carry normal glasses for use with goggles and prescription sunglasses too. I would like a pair of prescription sunglasses which are designed for skiing and would be ok skiing in snow showers. Has anyone had any experience of goggles with the clip in inserts?

I have tried contact lenses, which would seem like the ideal solution; however I cannot get on with them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nugget, Anti fogging preparations and methods discussed here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=35716&highlight=sunglasses+misting
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and thread discussing prescription inserts here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=35521&highlight=sunglasses+misting

Hope these help
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nugget, I've got Adidas goggles with the prescription clip. For a wide variety of reasons I can't wear contact lenses. This solution works very well indeed. Unless you are skiing in driven rain/hail (as last week in Courchevel), then there is no misting problem at all, whether hot or cold, unless you don't move for ages - even a slow chairlift or button is enough to keep the goggles and inserts clear. I also carry normal glasses/sunglasses with me as I can't read with the goggles insert (it is not varifocal, although I could have had a varifocal insert if I wanted to pay for it).

The clip fits a number of different Adidas models.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
docsquid, I think the second link I posted also has comments on those adidas goggles of yours too Cool

Thought that seemed an appropriate emoticon Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rudy Project glasses and goggles are available with a prescription clip-in and seem to work well. I think some of the models of glasses and goggles use the same prescription clip-in making for a flexible solution regardless of the weather.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nugget, Mr HL also dislikes the Smith "over glasses" goggle. He tried Rudy Project glasses which has a prescription lens with separate "over" lens in different colours - that made him feel sick, so in the end he opted for regular prescription sunglasses using ray-ban lens. These have been great in light snow showers but not so good for flat light so he is also wanting a solution - let us know what you end up with.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
does any manufacturer make a 'Sunglass Goggle Version' like this http://www.rudyprojectuk.com/products/details.php?idLivello1=2&idLivello2=5&idLivello3=11&idLivello4=132&idL=1&headquarter=1&prodottiInglesi=0&ecommerce=0&idDealer=9&isADealer=1&unicode=

with a prescription lens?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 17-03-08 22:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nugget wrote:
does any manufacturer make a 'Sunglass Goggle Version' like thishttp://www.rudyprojectuk.com/products/details.php?idLivello1=2&idLivello2=5&idLivello3=11&idLivello4=132&idL=1&headquarter=1&prodottiInglesi=0&ecommerce=0&idDealer=9&isADealer=1&unicode=

with a prescription lens?

Yes Adidas Climacool elevation, these are Sunglasses which convert to goggles, well kind of. They cost about £130 and can be fitted with a prescription insert, don't know how much this is.

They are cool Cool that's why there £130 Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nugget, try these... http://www.isyte.com/Sub_ProductDisplay.ink?Manufacturer=Adidas&cat=Evil%20Eye%20Explorer%20L&subcat=Evil%20Eye%20Explorer%20L%20&colour=k
or these http://www.isyte.com/Sub_ProductDisplay.ink?Manufacturer=Adidas&cat=a136%20Elevation%20Climacool&subcat=a136%20Elevation%20Climacool&colour=k

If you give the people at www.isyte.com a call they'll tell you for sure what's out there. I've used them many times. Very helpful and know their stuff.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Many thanks Bode Swiller and Kel, they are exactly what i need.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes I have these: http://www.vision3k.com/adidas_climacool.asp work pretty well. I think they were abour £200 including the prescription insert. They do mist up sometimes if that is between the coloured lens and the prescription insert its a slow to clear. In a big wipeout snow finds its way into that gap and will require you to remove the insert and refit to clean (not easy on the slope with gloves etc). However I think they are the best solution for the price etc. if you don't / can't do contacts.

Edit - should have said they come with two different coloured lenses - one for bright light and one which is more suited to "flat light" situations.

I have only once (in about 12 days one the slopes, in virtually every weather condition) thought I wish I had "proper" goggles.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've some Bolle inserts I got from spex4less. They only charge £25 for them glazed with your prescription. They will supply them without goggles if you contact them, I already had a pair of Bolles. I've worn them now for about 3 weeks skiing and they are similar to others. Slight misting in good conditions if still for any time, easily rectified by just raising them for a couple of seconds. In bad conditions they can suffer but probably not that much more than goggles alone.
snow report
I have used the Adidas Evil Eye wrap around glasses with the optical clip in for a few years. They work well and I use them in all weathers. They came with a glacier strength class 4 'space lens' and a yellow lens for flat light.

http://www.vision3k.com/brands/adidas-sunglasses/evil-eye-l-a266.asp

They do quite a few other models that take the optical clip in.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy