Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Atomic skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the winner of the MSB raffle, I get to chose a pair of skis from Atomic's range, up to a price of £400. Very Happy

I've decided that I'd like a pure piste ski. Preferably one that performs well through the gates. wink

Does anyone know enough about their range to suggest one model in particular?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, I thought that was your brother...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vetski, he bought the tickets for me. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, Go for a high-end SX10 or 12. They're not so aggressively shaped as the SL and are still stable at speed in a straight line.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will you take a 2-ski quiver with you? The SL12 is a wonderful ski, but you wouldn't want to play off-piste with it. Not sure if your target price will stretch to Atomic's proper slalom ski, but you won't regret getting a pair (if only because they demand you use them properly).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.snowrental.net/skiing/ski-equipment/atomic/atomic-ski-equipment.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, I'm interested that you suggest a slalom over a GS ski. Is there a particular reason for this? What sort of ski do you need for a race camp in Tignes?

Yes I am looking at a two ski quiver. My Missions for off piste and soft conditions, and these atomics for hard conditions and any gates that I may choose to do.

Masque, I've skied the SX10 or 12 in the past, and liked them, but I'm looking for something which is going to have a bit more performance.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, I think a slalom ski is a bit more versatile than a GS ski for general piste performance; I find it much easier to do long radius turns on a slalom ski than short radius turns on a GS ski. When doing gates training with Snoworks we're set a course which is not quite a full-on GS course as it is a bit tighter/slower (similar to the course set for last season's EOSB race). I do use GS skis for that training, but I don't think that slalom skis would be inappropriate. I'll probably use my slalom skis in Val Thorens next month rather than my GS skis for that reason. Maybe wait until the EOSB ski test and try out the VIST slalom and GS skis that kiwi1 will be brining with him and see which you prefer before deciding on what Atomic to buy?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar wrote:
Kramer,...........Maybe wait until the EoSB ski test and try out the VIST slalom and GS skis that kiwi1 will be brining with him.........

..........then sell on the Atomic voucher & buy the Vist's wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're looking at alternatives to the Atomics I'm selling a pair of race department GS skis (without bindings, but with race plates) at the end of the season. They are a pair of Rossi 9X World Cup skis in 175cm, with Rossi race plates. Only been used for about four weeks of GS training (in Tignes), so in very good condition.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer, Surely the SL is the one to compliment your current Missions, as you use those everywhere anyway? Might make you turn occasionally as well. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy