Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Opinions on Santa Cruz Suave snowboard and MP720 bindings please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hullo all. relatively new on snowHead so pls be gentle. anyone out there got an opinion on the santa cruz suave (ladies) snowboard and the santa cruz MP720 binding?

i have used the suave binding now for about 9 months and it seems ok to me, but i'm not-quite-a-noob so i don't necessarily know if a binding is rubbish or not. i'm am now thinking of getting the suave board cos of my - relatively - good experience of the binding.

anyone out there actually ride a suave stick? is it any good as an all-mountain, or is it better as a park stick? i'm looking for a progressive board, as my riding is finally getting better looking to maybe go into the park, but sticking to the piste/powder next to the piste at the mo. thanks guys.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi sherlock235, welcome to snowHead s
I have never used a Santa Cruz so can't really help, one of the guys here may well have rode one before, but not sure the girls have...

we will see !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a lot of the cheaper santa cruz boards are a piece of shite, I broke one in half a month back to see what it was made of, wasn't even a wood core, just this black moulded stuff, crap.
But then the more expensive santa cruz boards are great, unfortunately I can't decide if the suave is a cheap board or one of the better boards, for me if it's on this page http://www.santacruzsnowboards.com/boards/ then it's a good one.
I had the TT revolver which I loved until I cracked the edge, I still use it as a kicker board.

Unless you're quite small/don't weigh much with small feet (uk 4-7) then it might be too small for you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hey guys, thanks for your replies.

i've had a look at the santa cruz website and this board in on the lower end of the price scale, as well as being the last board listed on the tech specs page (apparently the least tech?) however, it is one of the 07/08 season boards. it appears to be a decent enough build, so am still in two minds about getting it. also not so sure about the binding i would get with it. can't find any info on that on the interweb.

my feet are super tiny (normally 35.5) but my boots are a bit bigger, and weight/height = ~60kg/5'4" i think i need to keep riding my current stick until it falls apart. maybe something better will become available then eh? rolling eyes once again, thanks for your input.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
have a look at the nitro fate or salomon ivy or even a short burton custom.

I don't think the suave would be one of the crappy build ones I'm talking about but then I've never seen one so dunno.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sherlock235, have you thought about another brand? there are some really good deals about on the internet at the moment.
You dont have to have matching board & bindings. I have a Rome board & Ride bindings and I know a huge amount of the people on here mix & match too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
sherlock235, have you thought about another brand? there are some really good deals about on the internet at the moment.
You dont have to have matching board & bindings. I have a Rome board & Ride bindings and I know a huge amount of the people on here mix & match too.

i have been looking at any boards on offer, only cos i think i need a new one, rather than the fact that i do need a new/another one. i currently ride a rossignol which has never been a problem, save that it's a 155 which is just a little too long for me. the only reason i was looking at the suave is cos i had used the binding and fig'd it was riding ok, so the board may be too?

i couldn't care less if the board matches the binding as far as colour scheme/style goes (whether both are suited to my level of riding, that's a different matter Razz.)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sherlock235, ah didn't realise that !
I'm 5ft and ride a 147, I learnt on a 155 / 156, and once i swapped to a shorter board I improved no end.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab wrote:
have a look at the nitro fate or salomon ivy or even a short burton custom.

I don't think the suave would be one of the crappy build ones I'm talking about but then I've never seen one so dunno.

i must admit to liking the look of the salomon ivy, but have been told that it is not as forgiving as i need a board to be right now. so i'm not gonna go the "i've bought myself a way-too-good-for-my-riding-level stick" route. maybe in one or two years when my riding has improved enough... (there should be a day-dreaming smiley; admin take note lol)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If this has become a recommend a board thread I'd imagine the HS Scarlet has got to be worth a look. Speak to kiwi1 about a test.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swirly wrote:
If this has become a recommend a board thread I'd imagine the HS Scarlet has got to be worth a look. Speak to kiwi1 about a test.

lol, wasn't my intention to start a board recommendation thread. but thanks for the suggestion above. and i can't do a board demo with kiwi tho, cos i'm based in london and i can't really get up to mk that often.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy