Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker M1000 Bindings......a novice question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

I'll apologise in advance for what may be a straightforward question to answer......

Recently purchased my first skis which came with Marker M1000 bindings. Those nice Sport Conrad people set the bindings to my boot length but being inquisitive I want to know how everything on the binding work, just to further my own ski knowledge. The leaflet that came with the bindings only highlighted the component parts and being a typical bloke, that got thrown to one side in favour of the 'I can work it out....just how difficult can it be!?" method Very Happy

I'm reasonably technical, but after a half an hour of poking and proding at things, I still could figure it out! Puzzled

I thought that the people who made em would be able to point me in the right direction, so I fired an email off to Marker in the USA. The reply I got back was far from helpful......"for legal and liability reasons we cannot provide you with any advice and information. This detail is only passed to qualified Marker technicans blah blah blah". I can understand them wanting to cover their backsides and I guess the whole litigation culture is huge in the US. But it wasn't as if I was asking them about DIN settings and the like - I simply asked for some instructions

So, guys, I am turning to you - actually, you should have been my first port of call as it would have saved me a email to the US

My question is really simple (and I promise I won't sue anyone for their advice) - how do I move the rear of the binding to suit different boot sizes?

The bindings are shown in the photo - http://www212.pair.com/mnt7547/MARKERM1000CCSISMOKE06.jpg

Thanks in advance (and sorry for what may be a stupid question!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There would normally be a small metal "tab" at the back of the rear part of the binding. Lifting this with a screwdriver should allow you to slide the heel part back and forth. However, if in doubt, get someone qualified to do it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Patch wrote:
There would normally be a small metal "tab" at the back of the rear part of the binding. Lifting this with a screwdriver should allow you to slide the heel part back and forth.

I thought that would be the case Patch (as it is on the hire skis I've used in the past) but there's no "tab" nor anything similar that could be lifted.

The only thing I could find was in the metal rail behind the rear part of the binding. In the floor of the rail there appears to be small piece of metal which is sitting proud of the floor - can't get a screwdriver under it, but I'm wondering if you depress it to allow the heel piece to move???
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sleipnir, I'm guessing a little but is there a cross head screw obvious at the back of the binding? That may provide fore/aft adjustment...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch wrote:
Sleipnir, I'm guessing a little but is there a cross head screw obvious at the back of the binding? That may provide fore/aft adjustment...

David Murdoch, I think you've hit the nail (or should that be the screw) on the head!

There's a couple of screws - one which changes the DIN setting and another (smaller one) that sits below it - as you suggested, I bet the second one is for the fore/aft adjustment....

It does beg the question, why on earth didn't Marker tell me that!? Puzzled

I wish I could use the "sorry we can't tell you how it works for legal and/or liability reasons" in my line of work - there'd be no bugs in the IT systems I design as no one would know how to use them - quite literally a get out of jail free card!!! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sleipnir wrote:

It does beg the question, why on earth didn't Marker tell me that!? :~/

Because turning it sets forward pressure which, set wrong, may render the DIN setting utterly irrelevant to the binding's actual release behaviour.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sleipnir, yes you are right, it does change the size....I found that out this morning when I tried to attach new bindings to new skis......but these ones had the rail thing already attached to the skis and the actual binding separate (boots left in France so have only attached them so I do not loose them in the mean time!). Not sure if they're the same type, but mine have 2 silver screws just under where the heel of your boot would go....these are what I had to screw onto the sliding rail (4 different positions with boot sole lengths marked on), they also have a screw at the front, again with 4 different positions. Sorry for the non-technical lingo!! Will be taking them to ski shop when I get back to France to set up properly though!! Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy