Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for hobbiteater's resort report:

Ski Amade (February 2008)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Lifts....

Eben - 6 man chair up and the drags replaced with chairs at the top.

Graffenburg (Wagrain 6 man gondola)... supposed to be replaced within a few years BUT work has already started for a cable car to take you from Mozart Lift Mid-Station (Flachau / Wagrain) right accross the valley to the chair half way up the Graffenburg. Due to be completed next season.

Schladming - loads of work being done to upgrade the Planai station due to the world champs.... ski-to car park on multi levels... awesome!

Radstadt - South facing piste from the top to mid has been widened in the middle. New junction/piste put in to the red/blue down to Altenmarkt via all the little farms. Looks like they have kept the original one as well (which is great as it is short and sweet).

Probably more as well..... will keep my ear open!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Flying Mozart/Graffenburg lift will be a big bonus. Saves on a ski bus ride.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's cool news on the wagrain front! The graffenburg gondola is very dated, so will this be updated for certain???
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right thread to be asking questions, so sorry if it isn't!

I'm coming to Ski Amade in Jan with a group of friends, staying in Altenmarkt. I've been a few times before, so know it quite well, but we usually stick to Zauchensee-Flachauwinkl-Kleinarl, Flachau, and Altenmarkt-Radstadt.

This year however, we'll be there for two weeks (woo!!), and so it'll be an ideal time to explore a bit further afield... There is big group of us, and we won't be able to afford to hire cars, so I'm wondering how easy it is to travel around by public transport. We usually stay in Altenmarkt, so I'm well used to the bus from there up to Zauchensee, and the buses on the other side of the mountain in Flachauwinkl, and down to Flachau. How easy would it be to travel from Altenmarkt to Wagrain and Alpendorf by bus? Would those buses be free also?

Also what is there the other way, west of Radstadt? Is that towards Schladming? Is it easy to get there by bus? Do the passes we buy for Salzburger Sportwelt cover all of Ski Amade?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy