Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Tignes for the first time

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am going to Tignes for the first time the week commencing 29 March 2008 with my four children (Ages 10 to 13). Staying in Val Claret at Hameau du Borsat and whilst we do not expect the accomodation to be great we are looking forward to some great skiing - recent snow will have helped.

Three questions in particular:
> For hiring what are Ski Republic like? we have heard alot about them in the press over here; are they as good as they are cracked up to be? Is this better than using Crystal's recommendations
>> can anyone recommend a good sports bar so that we can watch the Champions League Liverpopol v Arsenal game
> Presumably getting a guide for one day for the five of us would be too expensive but are there any affordable options

Puzzled
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nippers, welcome to snowHead
There'll be some Tignes experts along soon Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were guided by Evolution 2 in Val Claret for two afternoons. It can't have been fantastically expensive or we wouldn't have done it. £250? Can't remember. If you're not used to French apartments, think small and intimate (and probably shabby); it's like being Gulliver in Lilliput. If you're lucky, for 6 of you there'll be 1 bedroom. Still, you'll probably be ski in ski out, and Val C is actually quite a pleasant place. I thought the skiing was great.

Can't help with sports bars, sorry.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sports bars

le Lac - Jam Bar, Loop, Alpaka
Lavachet - Brasero, TCs

Morgan's a Liverpool fan, so I guess the Loop is your best bet!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much - the guiding ceratinly seems more affordable than I had envisaged

Has anyone any thoughts on Ski Republic? Blush
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nippers, try sending Stewart Woodward a PM with regard to ski guiding - he's a ski instructor based in Tignes and if he's not available himself he should be able to make recommendations for you
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fish Tank in middle of Val Claret for footy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nippers, don't take my word on the cost of guiding, it was a few years.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nippers, I've stayed in the Borsat many times... the appts aren't that small (by French standards)... but the ski locker may well be. Parking in Tignes is mandatory - the Parking du Golf is your nearest.

Can't say anything about Ski Republic, but you have all the hire shops in Val Claret within a 5 minute walk, so you could just go into one of them.

The nearest shops to you include a baker, and a very small supermarket (when facing the baker, look behind you in the corner), which is handy for the essentials.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Cathy et al - have sent stewart a meesage. We are getting pretty excited what withall the recent heavy snow Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What kind of a guide? Assuming offpiste alpineexperience do an afternoon 2 hour session for E105 which we though was very good value. aj xx
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We have stayed at the Hameau du Borsat and you are right not to expect a nice place.
However location to the slopes is fantastic and more then makes up for it.

One thing to make sure you do is get the main door key lock number from you Crystal rep, they failed to give it to us and we where the
only people on our trnsfer staying there. Fortunatly someone came along and let us in.
you will get the sport at the fishtank. This is a bit quiter then the other bars (as i remember)

Hope you enjoy it, we certainly enjoyed the skiing.

If you dont mind spending 8 euros and more for a 1/2 lt of kronemberg stay out of Grizzlies.

Also if you havnt already had a read of this thread you may find more info here
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31142&highlight=
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nippers wrote:
Thanks very much - the guiding ceratinly seems more affordable than I had envisaged

Has anyone any thoughts on Ski Republic? Blush

Hi there, just back from Val' and a load of us hired ski only and skis and boots from Ski Republic there, generally very impressed, nice shops, staff friendly, good skis (loved my Dynastar nothing but trouble), on the downside we did have two pairs (mine included) that the bindings weren't set to the correct length and needed tweaked by ourselves, but for the buy one get one free offer, I can live with that!!

Cheers, C
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy