Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Backpacks/rucksacks for skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I managed to get a shock cord on my back pack caught on a chairlift as I was leaving it (in Jasper IIRC). Needless to say the cord broke rather than carrying me back down hanging like the sword of Damocles.

BTW, Megamum, most of the back pack discussion is about packs for off piste use, which need to carry a shovel and possibly skis as well as other assorted kit. The requirements for on piste use are less demanding and pretty obvious.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 17-03-08 14:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS - here is a picture of an alien from last week with all the neccessaries in pockets. I will say in my defence it was lashing it down with rain and windy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cathy wrote:

andy, Canadian resorts I've been to mainly insist on removal of rucksack.

They didn't in Jasper, Lake Louise or Sunshine Village when I was there a few years ago.

Although Jasper was where I managed to end up with badly bruised ribs by falling with a wallet in my chest pocket on one of the few runs I did without my rucsack (I'd left it in the base lodge with my daughter who was taking a rest).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FWIW I agree with the 'keep lumpy bits of metal out of your pockets' viewpoint. I don't want anything hard next to my ribs if I might take a tumble.

I have always worn a smallish backpack, never found it a balance problem, and very handy for carrying spare gloves, goggles, choc, water etc. As well as all the things the kids don't want in THEIR pockets rolling eyes Very Happy

I usually put a spare mid layer in both for if it turns colder (never actually needed it) and also to act as padding for when I do fall over. On occasions I have put my jacket into it when the day has turned really warm.

Never been hurt, and never had a problem with a lift. Oh and I don't do up the belly straps, just the chest strap. HTH Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Axsman wrote:
...Oh and I don't do up the belly straps...

Wise man, they could get tangled with your knees wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FenlandSkier, (actually they just aren't long enough Embarassed )
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy, I wish I cut such a dash in my ski gear - you look positively lithe.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, appearances can be deceptive - you should see me skiing Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy