Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private lessons for kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just tried to book some group lessons for the kids aged 6 and 9 in La Ros starting Monday, unfortunately I don't seem to be given the option of groupl lessons only private. Do you think it is worth putting them in for 6 hours of private lessons together?, one is a one star and the younger one a group behind but I guess there isn't much in that and they should get on fine together. Also my wife is a very nervous 3rd week skier and I am getting her a week of private lessons. I am kind of intermediate with poor (self taught) technique. Would it be better to pay for sperate private lessons for me or tag along with the mrs half way through hers?. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
6 hours a day private maybe too much for the 6 year old???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ollski, have you tried ringing esf and evo2?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ollski, I'm surprised that you can't get group lessons, but there we are. I agree with kitenski that 6 hours is likely to be too long for young kids, as private lessons tend to be more intensive than private. You'll either end up with terminally knackered kids (not such a bad thing) or paying someone a fortune to drink hot choc with the kids. Kids often enjoy group lessons for the interaction with other kids - snowballing, cheeking the instructor, bullying the weakest member of the group, that type of thing. I'd say a half day would be enough for them. If you do that, you could have a half day lesson and ski with them for the other half.

I'd also sugest that you make some time for skiing en famille. I don't know what 'one star' means, but once you've all had a couple of days' of lessons, you should be able to ski together OK. You're not there to enjoy yourself, you know, and anyway skiing together can be quite good fun, in small doses. Bear in mind that in a season or two, your kids will leave you for dead, so if you ever want to ski with them, now's the time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ollski, Did you try and book online? I know in most resorts ESF only take online booking for group lessons at least 2 weeks in advance. Or the reason you cant get group lessons is because they all start sunday.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ollski, IMO I would join up with your wife and unlearn all those bad habits now, it will only get harder, she will only show you up next trip snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
6 hours private lessons will be no fun for kids, surely there must be a ski school that would take them for group lessons? Call around.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
6 hours a day private maybe too much for the 6 year old???

lol, I meant 1 hour a day over 6 days. I think 6 hours a day my family would never speak to me again.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neither would your bank manager!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We haven't been on friendly speaking terms for many a year, although the amount of money he charges me I imagine his kids are flown in by learjet to be tutored by their live in private instructor in courcheval.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did wonder what you did for a living, apparently contemplating individual private lessons for your entire family for an entire week. If you can't get group lessons for the nippers, I'd suggest maybe 3 (or more, bank manager permitting)x2 hours or even 2 (or more)x3 hours rather than 6x1 hour, so that they have a chance to get into the lesson before it's over.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ollski, I agree that an hour might be a bit short. sometimes you can do 1.5 hours, which is quite good for small kids. If their standards are too different that could cause problems because kids tend to just follow the instructor, rather than get "talked to" very much.

On the other hand, why not go along with your wife at the beginning? An instructor (if you ask him/her) will be able to identify drills for you to focus one when you are skiing together after lessons. If your presence is not welcome (she might like to be left alone with the instructor!) you can then drop in again, as you suggest, part way through the week.

But again, an hour is not enough - 2 hours good. 3 probably too much unless she is quite strong and fit.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes I was thinking along the same lines myself to be honest. I have just phoned evolution though who said they will start a new group in the afternoon with our two in and maybe one more for the usual price of 145 each for 6 x 2 and a half hour lessons although we will miss the sunday one....sounds reasonable.
Think I will book 3 x 2 hour private lessons for my wife and just extend it if we need to, although I'm not a good skier I have done 18 weeks on snow and can stumble down virtually anything, while mrs oll is still resolutely sticking to colours (namely blue) and I don't want to hold her back, put her off or generally get shouted at.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy