Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Soll?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, anyone been to Soll recently? I am off there on Saturday and was wondering what the snow conditions were like. Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i;m off to soll the week after (22), so have been checking the weather . there has been some snow the last 2 nights but also rain in the daytime. forecast is for warmer weather over the next 2 days with some rain then going colder with more snow . i use metcheck and snowforcast to check the weather , dont know how good they are . some of the others on the forum will prob give you a better idea . also check the webcams , just google "soll webcam" or go to the "wilder kaiser" site hope this helps , have a great time and leave some snow for me. Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dolomiti99, tim000, I've found this site accurate - scheffau's a few clicks up the valley from Soll - you know that I guess... Looks OK - cold snap coming, they'll have all the cannons on full blast and the base from pre-xmas (when I was there... sigh...) seems to be holding up

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/scheffau-skiwelt
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in Soll last week.

There've been a few days of decent snow over the last week - the pistes are generally in fairly good condition, plenty of snow on most of the pistes, even the run back into Soll has plenty of snow on it (though there's very little off-piste lower down). When it does snow we've had some very good powder (maybe 5cm overnight on a couple of occasions), but the rain kept coming back and then not as nice Crying or Very sad

There was a lot of rain before we left though - Friday (our last day) was raining almost all day and almost to the top of the mountain, turned to rain just below the top. The nursery slope in Soll has been a big slushy puddle for most of the week (skiing down on the last day even the tip of the ski was well below the water level in the slush).

So, as of last week, snow over pretty much all of the area is fine (though a bit soft now), and the only thing that stopped us skiing was the rain (just because it's wet and miserable skiing in rain, rather than it actually stopping us if we'd really wanted to).

David
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just checked the webcams for soll , looks like they have had a fair bit of snow over the weekend Razz . the rooftops of the mountain bars are well covered and snow and cold forcast for the week ahead Little Angel roll on saturday. not looking forward to getting up at 3.30 though. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tim000 wrote:
not looking forward to getting up at 3.30 though. Shocked

I wish I was heading back out at 3.30am... enjoy your trip and looks like you've hit a lucky break with the snow too Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski-finder, good report snowHead there is always something slightly depressing about puddles on the piste Confused

did you eat in the Dorf Stubbe restaurant in Soll - I love it in there...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27, think that should have been aimed at scuby Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski-finder, scuby, Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
not yet ,but i will next week NehNeh Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the webcams show plenty of snow falling today Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only puddles were the nursery slope - only crossed it twice a day, on the way up and back (we left our skis in the Stoll Ski Shop, was free with our pre-booked skis with Neilson - much easier than carrying them!)

Our hotel was half board with vouchers to use in any of 5 restaurants - Dorfstubbe was one of those, though can't remember which one off-hand... is that the one where they all have thier "national dress" (if that's what it was?) - opposite Bar Austria (or something like that)? Nicest place for lunch / snack type food was the cafe opposite Whiskey Mulers - very friendly bloke, nice food, all good!

Incidentally, for anyone booking holidays with a choice of paying extra for half board, I would suggest not bothering. We got a choice of either a set menu (which was obviously very cheap with no choice at all once you'd picked the restaurant for the evening, desert was a sliver of ice cream, etc) or could use the vouchers for a discount from the menu - typically €10-€11. However, as we'd paid £11/day for these vouchers, being able to use them for a €11 discount on food isn't particularly good value!

David
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great resort. Was there this time 3 years ago and there was over 2m of snow at the top. Dumped all week!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cheers for that scruby. have booked b+b as i like to look around and pick where i want to eat . hope you have a good week and save some snow for us next week . keep us updated on the conditions please , forcast looks ok , with snow falling all week. Smile tim .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back from Soll on Sat. (first skiing for 17 years! - and i'm only 29!)
Snow required there - none in resort or off-piste on run down.
Had an awesome time though and plenty of skiing on pistes - the snow canons are keeping them in good condition.
Word of advice - skip the red back to resort and take the lift down - even the instructors won't do it due to it being cut up so bad at end of day - or, if you miss last lift down (5pm) then wait until the piste bashers have made it again usually (6ish) and then its fine. "Joe's Office" above the gondola station will easily pass the hour!!
I made the mistake of doing it a couple of times at 5 ish and it's not nice - slush, ice and mounds of soft snow.
Enjoy.
Pilgrim

PS: If it has snowed there this weekend i will be very jealous!! Wink
snow report
PS: Have a Jager-bomb for me!! Wink
ski holidays
12 hours to go til i get picked up Shocked all packed and ready, Very Happy just clock watchin now Confused . any reports on the snow conditions in soll ? tim.
snow conditions
I don't know about snow there, but we have some of their instructors here on hols at the mo! Very Happy
latest report
got back from soll a couple of days ago. still knackered . 5 hour delay going out Sad loads of snow there , snowed for the first 4 days then a big dump over night wed . loads of powder thurs and i went off piste for the first time . Shocked knee deep powder , great til you fall . impossible to get up again . Confused . fri and sat were very mild and spring has deff arrived .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy