Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mobile phone calls cheapest on own tariff or a local Sim ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of getting daughter's mobile enabled whilst in Les Gets over Easter so that I can keep in touch and we can arrange to meet after lessons etc... Orange will charge her:
38p/min to make a call whilst abroad
19p to receive a call
25p to send a text.

Does this seems reasonable or should I opt for buying a pay as you go sim when we get there? Are PAYG sims readily avaialble in Les Gets? Need to bear in mind that she will also want to text her boyfriend who will be at home in UK.

done a bit of searching of the forum and discovered thread about www.0044.co.uk but does anyone have any other thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
halfhand - AFAIK, there aren't any shops in Les Gets that sell PAYG SIMS. In fact, I'm not even sure if the shop that sells top-ups in Morzine sells SIMS.

French SIMS aren't a great bargain unless you're going to be out a lot. Unlike the UK now, you have to pay for the SIM and then any credit you buy has a life expiry unless you top up again.

So, for a single trip, I'd bite the bullet and go with the existing UK SIM.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PhillipStanton, cheers, better read her the riot act then Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
halfhand, Take the sim out, she will still be able to make emergency calls. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dypcdiver wrote:
halfhand, Take the sim out, she will still be able to make emergency calls. Toofy Grin
but not 'emergency' texts to her boyfriend. My daughter can talk to me and have three text conversations at the same time.

David
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dypcdiver, Good point Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy