Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tip for the weekend - Head North!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Insider knowledge - It is strongly recommend for all skiers that live in the Midlands upwards to head North this weekend! Why wait till you go to the Alps when there are arguably much better conditions in Scotland right now, and its only a few hours drive away!

Conditions are epic right now, and forecast for the weekend is to be sunny with little wind, and the cold temperatures should keep the snow soft and fluffy as it has been for a couple weeks now! There is absolutely shed-loads of snow right now!!! Check out the conditions on http://www.winterhighland.info/

Rumour has it that the Braveheart at Nevis Range is very likely to run for the first time in a couple years, and that alone would make the trip worth it:

(picture from www.winterhighland.info on March 4th - and its only snowed more since then!)

Or if you would rather ski gullies, how about Glencoe?

(pictures also from www.winterhighland.info)

So... with this on your doorstep, what are you waiting for?!?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice one and absolutely spot on!

I just hope the weekend after is as good 'coz that's when I'm up for the Nevis ski test snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I lived within a 3 hour drive I'd go for a day or a weekend. The drive from Berkshire, where I live, is a 900+ mile round trip, too far for a weekend of skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
^ is it that much further than from Bristol (where I am)?

I've done the drive up for a weekend and it was well worth it but I guess it all depends on your POV and whether you enjoy driving (and Red Bull Wink ).

The alternative of course, which is what I'm doing over Easter weekend, is grabbing a bargain flight. From here up to Glasgow it was just over £80 return when I booked a couple of days ago and then car hire for the 4 days was around £75 - not bad at all IMHO and it gives me the flexibility to head to Glencoe or Nevis (or anywhere else for that matter).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You got me thinking..

Sleazyjet to Edinburgh (Gatwick) is £163 return..parking £20, hire car £60, Petrol £40, Hotel £80,beer food £50...Plus pass approx £420 for two days skiing..Roga has the right idea esp if he booked ahead..

The fair comparison is I'm off to Centre parcs for easter £800 for three nights, but it is the whole family..rather be skiing mind but needs must..
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
roga, Less than 10 miles difference each way according to multimap figures. Flying might be an option though. I'll think about it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cfc5mu0,

4 days skiing roga, will be skiing Friday - monday inclusive - it is easter, and you lot in england do get Friday and monday as holidays (scotland doesn't AFAIK). I'm hoping to make it over for Friday through to Sunday, no accomoation booked yet, but there is always the back of the car in Nevis car park!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's set to get clder over easter with more snow on the way so conditions may just get even more epic! Shocked

Dave Horsley, are you definitely going up? Try www.lochview.co.uk a few of us are staying there and it's pretty reasonably priced.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh good grief, it is so, so tempting. We have our skis and boots at home for the first time in 3 years too. Unfortunately we have to work on Sat am.
Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh go on Helen Beaumont if you're really that tempted just do it, we are only arriving Saturday in time for a ski in the afternoon hopefully, then skiing Sunday and most of Monday before heading back down the road. You know you want to... snowHead !

To put it in perspective, we have done the same journey for just a normal weekend - drive Friday arriving very late, skied Sat and Sun am till mid pm, then drove home, and it was still worth it...

D
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perhaps if the bank balance had had a little longer to recover from our trip to Wengen...........
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fair enough!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy