Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this really hard to do?

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/q5sGvthsclw

How do you go about doing this? I just looks like so much fun! Is it really hard or just a matter of having the guts to try?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Somwhere between having the guts and the right centrefugal force to get the angulation amazing vud though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sharp edges and nice firm but not icy snow
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mdemon2, not really that hard I don't think - sharp edges, speed, skill
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easy, Red Boots Very Happy wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saw Martin Bell doing same turns a couple of years ago at Snowbird on his Zag fats. Funny really as fat's are supposed to be crap on piste wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, the same turns? Shocked Martin Bell is better balanced than that, surely, even on fat skis?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure why you would want to do that as per video, ouside ski flapping about etc. Confused
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You're joking huh. You aspire to inserting a dildo in your anus?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The maximum I will try to do is a touch down with the inner hand - but I guess the guy in the video isn't over 60 Laughing And I find that if I concentrate too hard to touch down - to the exclusion of all else - my balance is affected and the skis start flapping. Better I find to concentrate on being in balance and inclining as much as I dare. Sometimes I touch down: most times I don't. But definitely chose a gentle slope and firmly gripping snow condition before you try.

I don't know why I try it (the hand touchdown, not what that guy was doing) as that degree of inclination does not feature in my regular skiing. The ego-boosting satisfaction of managing it (and at my age too!) I suppose, even if only occasionally. Cool

There is a technique for slowing down in deep powder whereby you incline into the snow and use your body to act as a brake, but that takes much less effort. My difficulty with that is to do it just to slow down a bit and then move on; I tend to overdo it and just stop. rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There were people, mainly instructors, doing that sort of thing all over the place in Kitzbuhel a couple of weeks ago. I guess you just do what you should be doing anyway, only more so.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Easy, Red Boots

Laughing Brilliant, noticed the flapping ski the second time maybe he needs stiffer skis somthing in an Atomic
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

maybe he needs stiffer skis

maybe he needs to be better balanced on his outside ski wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ordhan, no doubt that's it. Laughing

Removing the weight off the outside ski entirely and not tail-gunning the inside ski is for White Pass turnin' losers. wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon wrote:
Saw Martin Bell doing same turns a couple of years ago at Snowbird on his Zag fats. Funny really as fat's are supposed to be crap on piste wink

Not sure I was tipping the shoulders quite as far as that, Jon Blush
The Zags were actually not massively wide by modern standards (84mm waist), and with a 16m sidecut radius they were not bad for laying down arcs on firm grippy snow. Unfortunately I broke one of them in a terrain park last season Sad
snow conditions
Martin Bell wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Not sure I was tipping the shoulders quite as far as that, Jon Blush
The Zags were actually not massively wide by modern standards (84mm waist), and with a 16m sidecut radius they were not bad for laying down arcs on firm grippy snow. Unfortunately I broke one of them in a terrain park last season Sad

I'm sure a man of your standing could arrange some suitable replacements without too much bother wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy