Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur Apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Someone was asking if there were apartments to rent in Courmayeur. Apologies but I forget who. Anyway, I asked my sister and she sent me this URL.

http://www.residencechecrouit.com/index_en.html

I hope it's still of use to whoever it was who was asking.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Skanky, but we are booked into Le Thuile now. But if your anywhere in the valley perhaps you can show us the sights of where you live? We have car so can drive.

Thanks,
Kieran.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kezzy1966, it's my sister who lives there, not me. Sorry I got you the info. so late, though. I recommend making use of the car for the odd day elsewhere (though La Thuile's more snow sure than most of the other resorts - except Cervinia). If you go to Courmayeur, carry on through town past the main cable car and as you come out the other end you'll see on your left a second station. This is the Val Veny one I keep mentioning.

I hope you enjoy it, it is a lovely area.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks again. I will try my best to enjoy it.

......eeeeeeemm nice!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks again. I will try my best to enjoy it.

......eeeeeeemm nice!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Helbrooner, but pick a quite day and the top station at Val Arp although they expect you to know what you are doing...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Forgot to say that you can ski back to La Thuile from Val D Arp but you will probably need a guide. In fact it is recommended...!!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know what JT's saying, but just to clarify, that's Cresta D'Arp. That's the station above Youla, at the very "top" of Courmayeur. It's not always open. I can't remember the last time I did see it open, but as I've never skied from there (not good enough), I'm not sure that that's anything to go by. The Youla can be closed if it's windy enough.

Whereas Punta Helbronner is the lift station you go to do the Valle Blanche. It's on the other side of the valley (where the main valley and Ferret & Veny meet up), above Entreves and the tunnel entrance. You can ski back down to La Palud and Entreves from there (though I've heard of several deaths on that run, so don't take any chances).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skanky,

Yes Skanky I forgot yhe exact names so glad you pointed that out, As for the skiing on both Helbrooner and Cresta D'Arp.
You need to be comfortable off-piste and its variations but thats it, there are no real horrors. From the top of Helbronner you need to traverse round to the front side and the way down is obvious, but you are going over glaciated terrain so if in doubt, take a guide. We did it in poor snow but I would love to do it again in good conditions.
From Cresta DArp you have 3 routes. The first is straight down into Courmayeur, the second goes to La Thuile and the third snakes round back into the Courmayeur lift system. Again you start on a glacier and need to know where to cut in otherwise you can end up on a trail to Val Veny, which is not the worst thing. The locals say don't do this late because you may need the lifts and the last slope will have been in the sun all day.

These are all nice excusions with no real commitments ski-wise. If anyone likes the sound of of them get a UAIGM giude for a nice day trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy