Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

early season bumps training

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone interested in bumps training say week of 6 or 13 of dec 08 in France..

Would be a good standard of skiing say basi L2 or SCGB purple/gold level

I am thinking if we can get a small group together we could hire a coach and have it tailored to exaclty what we want as well as being cheaper than going with someone like snoworks, etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Outside chance of being interested - I need to work out my leave situation...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A fly in the ointment might be the paucity of natural bumps that time of year! However there are some unnatural ones on the glacier in Tignes and you can always make your own (surprisingly doesn't take that long).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges,

Quote:

you can always make your own

Tried that on the plastic. Took ages !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bump, have spoken with a BASI trainer in courcehvel and the week before christmas is very possible for some ISIA level prep training. This trainer is also putting on various training session weeks during the off season weeks pre season, early dec and jan so if anyone is interested please PM me you email address and i will start a mailing list. we have several seasonaires in the 3v's up for it along with a few british based bods and we should be able to determine what training we want and when depending on individuals needs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm interested, but not sure what my plans will be for next season yet. If I can be there I will as I need all the help I can get with bumps - I have a lesson this weekend and I can feel the humiliation brewing... Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
I'm interested, but not sure what my plans will be for next season yet. If I can be there I will as I need all the help I can get with bumps - I have a lesson this weekend and I can feel the humiliation brewing... Embarassed

Rob if you come up to Tignes this weekend bring your skis. We normally ski bumps saturday & sunday just to knacker our knees even more Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward, thanks, I'll see how Jane's knee is and whether she's up for skiing this weekend. This is her holiday more than mine, so I might not be able to get up to Tignes during the day. If I can make it I'll PM you tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, I'd be up for that in Jan (in Oz in Dec). Please can you add me to the mailing list?

cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i might be in, can't commit early though.... would have to be nearer the time
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret - could probably do a weekend, but during the week won't be possible.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All, thanks for coming back to me..

Once the BASI course dates come out i will try to get a some proposed training weeks put together. Weeks and/or long weekends can work i recon as long as we have enough people to cover costs of the trainer.

This could tie up with the Les Arc race camp dates and perhaps some telemarking as well for light relief. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a rough calendar for ISIA training in the Three Valleys, any comments?....

13th Dec 20hrs Overhall your Technique structuring a strong platform to take your skiing into the the season ahead
Terrain -would expect to work on piste at this time of year
11th Jan 20hrs Strengths and weaknesses in the fundamental elements (body management steering etc).

25th Jan 20hrs Moving into the Strands high Speed, Steeps Off-piste Variable Bumps if there are any but still focussing on fundamentals
1st Feb 20hrs Possibility of including Mountain Safety Course Training with Neil Milne who is a BASI assessor for the MS course
8th Feb 20hrs during one of these weeks. Very likely to do some gates, (small extra cost) to tie in with GS turns.
22nd Feb 20hrs Bumps shorts and steeps and Central Theme
29th Feb 20hrs General roundup whatever individuals need to focus on will be covered these weeks
1st March 20hrs Versatility and Adaptability

Cost £200 per 20 hrs minimum number of trainees is 5 for a course to run on any given week.

The number of training hours is slightly less than some other training courses. I believe in developing self-reliance and giving time for free-sking to avoid burn out overtraining and motivation loss. I will also be including Mental Rehearsal and Visualisation sessions and of course video feedback on and off the hill.
It would obviously be ideal if people could do all or most of the course however over the last two seasons I have run Gap programmes where people dropped in and out without any major issues.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, who's I?

If I didn't have a job, I would love to join in!
latest report
beanie1, Izzy Milne BASI trainer in Courchevel. Go for the odd week if you can, the whole concept is to be modular to cater for part timers as opposed to seasonnaires.

Once the course list comes out i will be picking a few weeks I am defo going to do the 13 dec week. and poss 21 feb
ski holidays
skimottaret, yes the 22nd Feb week sounds perfect, but unfortunately I think I'm going to have a wedding that weekend!!
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
skimottaret, but unfortunately I think I'm going to have a wedding that weekend!!

I thought it was only blokes who got pre wedding jitters, bring him along on your honeymoon.... wink
latest report
The Basi site now has course dates up for this coming season. Anyone fancy the January Meribel Teach or Tech?
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
Anyone interested in bumps training say week of 6 or 13 of dec 08 in France..

Would be a good standard of skiing say basi L2 or SCGB purple/gold level

I am thinking if we can get a small group together we could hire a coach and have it tailored to exaclty what we want as well as being cheaper than going with someone like snoworks, etc.

Check out www.t4snowsports.com for pre season bumps training
latest report
aswallow, welcome to snowHead your courses look great but might be a week too early for me... anything going between the 6th and 13th?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy