Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski bilek ebay shop and additional costs...import duty etc

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

If I bid and win skis from the ski bilek ebay shop what addtional costs should I expect to pay ?

I'm aware of an 8 euro charge for mounting the bindings and also 28 euro for delivery but are there any custom or import duty costs as ski bilek is in an EU country (Germany) ?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've bought from them off eBay, never paid any extras. I think there is nothing to pay as they are in the EU.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
EU = free market, despite Britain's best efforts! No import or duty costs, fill your boots
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
have bought from them twice via ebay, both times excellent service, cheap, all costs up front. Delivery also pretty quick and trackable online. Recommended.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great. Thanks to all
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pokemon, If you pay by Paypal you'll get hit with a 4% surcharge on everything apart from the carriage and you'll also experience Paypal's £/€ conversion rate but it has still worked out very well each time I've used them and the skis have always been delivered within a week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
barry wrote:
EU = free market, despite Britain's best efforts! No import or duty costs, fill your boots

Depending on Ski bilek's trade with the UK you may be charged VAT at destination or origin but you won't be asked for extra after placing the order.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof wrote:
barry wrote:

Depending on Ski bilek's trade with the UK you may be charged VAT at destination or origin but you won't be asked for extra after placing the order.

The amount I've paid has always included German VAT, currently 19%.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jtr, Is the VAT included in the bid price or do I need to make provision for the 19% on top of the final bid price ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pokemon wrote:
jtr, Is the VAT included in the bid price or do I need to make provision for the 19% on top of the final bid price ?

The VAT is included in the bid price and delivery costs.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pokemon wrote:

Unless something has changed, the price you bid (plus the mounting / delivery fees) is the price you pay, never had to pay any %age to paypal either ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jtr, masmith, cheers.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
masmith, pokemon, Here is the section on the final invoice where the Paypal surcharge gets added.
Quote:
Zahlungshinweise
Customers from foreign countries (Not from Germany, Austria, Niederlande,Belgium) can pay by paypal as well. Please note that if you pay through paypal there is an additional 4% you have to pay.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Please note that if you pay through paypal there is an additional 4% you have to pay.

Doesn't seem to be quoted on all their auctions: at least not on any of the ones I looked at.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RobW wrote:
Quote:
Please note that if you pay through paypal there is an additional 4% you have to pay.

Doesn't seem to be quoted on all their auctions: at least not on any of the ones I looked at.

It isn't. As I said, it appears on the invoice which you get after you have won the auction.
snow conditions
jtr, I don;t remember seeing that, either it's a new thing or I just didn't notice and got stung, or maybe I payed by credit card ?
latest report
masmith, I know that it has been there since Jan 07 (don't know if it applied before then). I don't see it as a major problem given the prices that some of their skis sell for e.g. a pair of Fischer AMC 76s went for just over £70 Shocked a week or so ago. I wouldn't begrudge coughing up an extra £3 at these sort of prices and I was more than happy with the overall price I paid when I bought my Fischer RX8s from them Very Happy .
latest report
jtr wrote:
As I said, it appears on the invoice which you get after you have won the auction.

If it's not detailed in the auction you are justified in refusing to pay it: it is against ebay rules to add additional charges after the auction has finished which are not detailed in the auction. [It used to be against ebay rules to charge extra for payment but paypal - not sure it that is still the case now.]

But as others have said - even if they do charge 4%, just cost it into the total price, and if it is a good deal no reason not to go for it.
ski holidays
RobW wrote:
jtr wrote:
As I said, it appears on the invoice which you get after you have won the auction.

If it's not detailed in the auction you are justified in refusing to pay it: it is against ebay rules to add additional charges after the auction has finished which are not detailed in the auction. [It used to be against ebay rules to charge extra for payment but paypal - not sure it that is still the case now.]

But as others have said - even if they do charge 4%, just cost it into the total price, and if it is a good deal no reason not to go for it.

I know that applies in the UK but I don’t know if it applies to ebay in Germany. There is another aspect in that the transaction goes through an intermediary (“afterbuy”) which may cloud the issue i.e. is it an afterbuy rather than a Ski-bilek handling charge? In any event, you don’t have to pay using PayPal but it is less hassle for me than arranging a bank transfer to Germany (and I have never seen them offer to accept payment by credit card, which would also be likely to include a surcharge).

Anyway, this all started with the question about additional charges and, as I said, I don’t begrudge coughing up what amounts to the cost of a small beer at these sort of prices for the convenience and service
snow conditions
Try complaining to ebay about paypal oh wait they own paypal Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ski-bilek should get lower merchant rates with Paypal, so why a 4% surcharge? Merchant rates are much lower I think.
ski holidays
i have just recently purchased some fischer progressor skis the only change from last time is the surcharge for paypal which i thought was against ebay rules
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy