Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Neustift equipment hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a place to hire skis and boards in Neustift? Thanks in advance snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, but I can recommend NOT using the Intersport at the midstation on the mountain.

They were disorganised, disinterested and unknowledgable when we were there. We first stood around waiting while they did sweet FA for a good long while and were then rushed through with little attention. For me this wasn't too bad, because I knew what I wanted and what my boots should feel like, but for my girlfriend who had never been on skis before, it was really bad. They shoved her foot in a boot, she said it hurt, they said it should, and they rushed her out.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Intersport are the main rental shops, 1 in Neustift by the Petrol station, and 2 up the mountain at Gamsgarten and Eisgrat.
They are geared up for mass throughput, so if you know what you want then they are ok. If you want/need attention try one of the shops in the village or avoid the usual busy times.
I have always found their range pretty much up to date.
I have used the one in Neustift and they are reasonably attentive if you go in when they are not busy, ie avoid Monday morning.
I have also used the one at Gamsgarten several times, they use a computerised system so you fill in your details, print a ticket and use this during the process.
It can be convenient as they have ski storage so you don't have to lug them on the bus.

There are several small retailers in and around Neustift that rent ski's and boards, depends where you are staying as to how convenient they are.
Standards and prices are much the same (IME). Goes without saying that the busier it is the more limited the choice. Early bird catches the worm 'an all that.
snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. I was aware that Intersport have a monopoly on the glacier itself, which is probably why they weren't much kop. We will have a hire car and will probably spend one day skiing elsewhere so not fussed about storing gear there.

A quick internet search suggests Sport2000 (Hofer?) and Sport Danler are the cheapest in Neustift itself, have you used either of those JK? Would prefer to use somewhere where they speak a bit of english (mein Deutsch ist Scheiße!) and know about boards, which is where many shops fall short IME.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy