Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chamonix, a cautionary tale

Poster: A snowHead
the transfers between the individual resorts can take 30mins plus meaning you can only really ski 1 each day quickly leading to boredom. the beer is 9.20 euros a pint on the mountain.
apart from those minor gripes pretty good.
p.s. dont even think of going there if you want to pick up women, about a 10/1 ratio men to women.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
singer, balls to the endless skiing possibilities in Chamonix rolling eyes which is the best resort for picking up the women Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
singer, you must get bored rather easily.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
singer,

Have you tried Tamworth or Milton Keynes?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
singer, you must get bored rather easily.
Have you tried Tamworth or Milton Keynes?

unless either of you were there last week and hence were skiing in the same conditions i dont think either of your comments carry much validity. everyone i was with and everyone i met in the resort said exactly the same thing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
singer,
1) Skiing off the piste in Chamonix prevents the boredom. Plenty to do all day at Brevent/Flegere and Grand Montets.
2) Don't drink the beer on the hill. A cheeky smoke perhaps.
3) That 10% of women that are here are all nuts, you did well to avoid them.
The conditions aren't that good right now, i've been off work for 2 weeks and skied twice. Evil or Very Mad Set to change a little this week, Friday looks promising.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
singer, hate to dive in, but your original post made no reference to conditions. As a rule, one has no need to move between resorts during the day, under normal conditions. There's plenty of off piste to be had at most areas.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't men outnumber women in most resorts by a considerable margin?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
singer, you should have gone in Lesbian Ski Week, much improved ratio
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
singer wrote:
unless either of you were there last week and hence were skiing in the same conditions i dont think either of your comments carry much validity. everyone i was with and everyone i met in the resort said exactly the same thing.

I was skiing last Saturday, the conditions here in Austria aren't at their best either but the price of beer or availability of women didn't bother me. Is that what you look for in a ski holiday?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I see a new advertising campaign for The Chamonix Tourist Board...

"Come to Chamonix. No good for randy intermediates on a budget, but our bootfitting is 2nd to none!"
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27 wrote:
No good for randy intermediates on a budget

snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
singer, Chamonix has its pluses and minuses-

Minuses,
The bus.
Barmy girls (all the boys are barmy as well)
Unconnected resorts
French beer prices although I have never paid anything like 9.20 but dont normally drink on the hill.

Pluses
The best skiing in the world.

I was in cham last week
Bored....

Friday
IMG_3450

Saturday
IMG_3509

Sunday
IMG_3546

No.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That would work, i wan't to use it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jbob, could you post up some pics of the barmy girls please?
ski holidays
red 27, Laughing

*orders stickers
latest report
Aw.. shucks... it's yours SMALLGOATKEEPER fee free... although maybe if I'm ever in Sham I'll expert to have my insoles stroked or my booties 'blown' wink

Admin could we have a Copyright emoticon please so snowHead 's can protect their valuable Intellectual Property?

Today alone we've new advertising slogans, a skipole/umbrella 'dual-tool' and Guvnor's interesting and brave proposal to host Trans-Gender ski'n'spa weeks (smokers only) in the Resort That Must Not Be Named.

Those pesky plagiarists from the 'Other Place' will be writing it all down...
snow report
red 27 wrote:
a skipole/umbrella 'dual-tool'

I think that you'll find it was a ski pole/brolly/drinkies flask triple tool.
snow report
singer, €9.20? Where? They saw you coming...

The buses are OK, we recommend people bring cars. I always would...

Bored with the skiing? Where did you ski?
snow report
Chamonix definitiely a testosterone fuelled town. Conversation opportunities but that's about it. Never paid that much for an on-slope beer in any resort. The buses can get crowded tho'. 20mins drive from Chamonix to Argentiere when I last did it singer, must have been driving a G-Wizz.
latest report
From last week...

We met one girl and she was nuts.
latest report
nice shots JDC

To be fair to the original poster, I can sort of understand that if you are an intermediate piste skier then some of the areas in Cham could get dull fairly quickly. In general the big linked resorts like the 3v, PdS, LDA, AdH would probably be more fun.

If you're a bit better/more ambitious .... does not compute...
ski holidays
JDC, You did a lot of walking... were the lifts broken?
snow conditions
Quote:

To be fair to the original poster, I can sort of understand

Fair? Who said anything about fair on snowhead? Smile

I've done my share of makign clueless blanket statements. What I managed NOT to do, is to defend those blanket statements, showing how absolutely clueless it was. Wink

JDC, fantastic photos! Very Happy
latest report
Now that all you Chamonix fans are here, answer me this, if you would.

We are 2 adults, one completely glued to the piste, not too keen on bumps, otherwise happy on any piste, the other OK (indeed, positively happy) with bumps, perhaps a little flirt with a bit of very mild off piste, and 2 kids (14 next season), both keen on and capable of skiing all over the place, on and off piste, miles better than parents. Is Chamonix the place for us?
latest report
richmond, YES! I've never been bored in Chamonix, despite being a piste skier. The only thing is that you will, presumably, not wish to be skiing together all the time and you will therefore have to work out the logistics of transport, meeting up for lunch etc, quite carefully. The various ski areas are, to be sure, rather spread out.
latest report
richmond, you've been to Verbier I'm guessing?
snow conditions
richmond, NO. I think there are better places for a family group to go.

I'd get bored with a week on the pistes there myself. Although I suppose you could always go to Les Houches and Courmayer for a day in each if you bought the bigger pass.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wouldn't take a family group to Verbier either.
snow report
richmond wrote:
and 2 kids (14 next season),

You're going to be busy this year. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
richmond, I'd say you'd be better off in Courchevel, and 1650 doesn't have to be ridiculously pricey. Logistics for a family group of such varied abilities/tastes would be tricky in Chamonix. I don't know Les Arcs, but from what I've heard about it, that might be good too.
ski holidays
I think it would suit you down to the ground. We go out in very mixed groups all the time and very rarely split up between areas. We generally all ride whichever area seems best for conditions on the day, and meet for lunch. Those that want to, do some hiking, those that don't, bezz round the pistes, and those who don't ski, join us for lunch.

With keen teenagers, it might be worth putting them in a guided group for a couple of days so they can really get the best out of the place without getting into bother? I've seen these around and would appreciate recomendations if anyone's been on one, as we do get asked about this from time to time.
snow conditions
I am curious to why people think this sounds problematic? I can understand reservations about families with smaller children, but not with active teenagers...

My brother takes my nieces and nephews every year and they love it - they've been doing this since long before we had the chalet. Last year we went en famille for the first time with them, it was a great holiday. Of course I am biased! Wink but still...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 11-03-08 16:47; edited 2 times in total
snow report
red 27 wrote:
richmond, you've been to Verbier I'm guessing?

Yes, but not for a long time and not with the nippers.
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
I wouldn't take a family group to Verbier either.

Why not? There's more than enough to keep me and the OL amused from what I remember, and I'd guess the kids would have a ball.
snow report
pam w wrote:
richmond, I'd say you'd be better off in Courchevel, and 1650 doesn't have to be ridiculously pricey. Logistics for a family group of such varied abilities/tastes would be tricky in Chamonix. I don't know Les Arcs, but from what I've heard about it, that might be good too.

We wwnt to 1650 a couple of years ago for Xmas (crap snow, but a good time). I'm just curious about Chamonix.
ski holidays
richmond, Verbier would suit you well I'd say... The skiing would be perfect for the group you describe. No buses needed, and a lively, pretty, atmospheric village.

You have doubts? Mosha does, although he doesn't detail them...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 11-03-08 16:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Thanks for your various and varied views. FWIW, we'd probably want to ski in the same area as the kids, unless they were with an instructor/guide, which they will be for some of the time wherever we go, but apart from that, they're on their own whenever they want to be.
snow report
No response from singer... ??? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
parlor, he's gone to the cashpoint, then it's out on the pull Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy