Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

internet sales

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone seen any good sites with sales gear?

I just bought a new jacket from this lot

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/TwoSeasons/

Quite a bit on sale at the moment.

Just a point of caution though - they may not have everything in stock even though their site allows you to order.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chain reaction have a sale:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Default.aspx?homePageID=269

as do ss20:
http://www.ss20.com/

and TSA
http://www.snowboard-asylum.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wish I'd never looked... the money I could have saved by waiting a couple of months to buy some kit
Sad

Dam you impulse purchases... dam you...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TristUK, don't worry about it - you already used your stuff didn't you?
Would have been worse if you haven't been anywhere yet.

Me and my mates moved our annual trip to March a couple of years ago - which generally means we can buy the sale stuff before we go.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.trusnow.com

US shop (based in Portland, Oregon) but selling everything dirt chep. Just bought some Billabong clothing, Anon gogs, hats, a belt and some tops. Came in at £200. £60 was postage and £40 was import duty. £65 Anon goggles cost me £20!!!

Plus, ordfered at 1am on Saturday monring and tehy arrived via UPS at 9am Monday - great service considering they came half way around the world!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
www.blue-tomato.at 30-50% off at mo
www.hot-zone.tv

have bought stuff from both sites and they provide quick delivery & excellent service
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow, new jacket by any chance?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jagerbull wrote:
TristUK, don't worry about it - you already used your stuff didn't you?
Would have been worse if you haven't been anywhere yet.

Me and my mates moved our annual trip to March a couple of years ago - which generally means we can buy the sale stuff before we go.

Yeah been away for one week & going away again on Sunday, so I'll defo get my usage out of it.

It's just the tight back bottom inside me moaning! Very Happy

That's a pretty good idea there, with the trip in March, I might suggest it too my mates for next year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At risk of hi-jacking the thread.

March can be a pain as it's ages to wait through the winter (if thats your only trip), but we had years of going the week prior to half term and the snow was often is worse nick.
I also love boarding slushy spring snow so that also helps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jagerbull, not that time Embarassed
Got my 1st board from Bluetomato & a helmet from Hotzone
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Other sales - (these both have proper shops as well)
http://www.boardwise.com
http://www.freeze-scotland.com/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hey dudes and dudesses,

I just picked up a new dainese jacket from these guys: www.finches-ski.co.uk
They've got 30% off a lot of stuff until Monday (but not a lot of photos on the site, so you might have to g00gle some pics if you see something you like!)

saw the jacket in Ischgl, saved £80 buying it here. Nice. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snojito, top bargain Razz
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, I was dead pleased. Now of course it means I've got to find some new trousers.... time to check out all these sites, methinks!

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 7-03-08 11:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snojito, its tempting, I love having new stuff to try out, but it is excesive buying when you only go once or twice a year Embarassed
snow report
Made up with my new jacket - 1/2 price:

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/TwoSeasons/_47679/120987/Mens%20Ak%202l%20Stagger%20%20Jacket

It is excessive buying for limited days on the moutain - I'm sure a shrink would say I am making up for my lack of slope time with these purchases!
latest report
Debbi, Jagerbull, the first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one.

Hello everyone. My name is Ian, and I compulsively buy snowboarding kit to compensate for my desk-bound lack of altitude.
snow report
My name is Debbi, I buy un-necessary boarding gear to give the impression that I know what I am doing
ski holidays
Jagerbull wrote:
Made up with my new jacket - 1/2 price:

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/TwoSeasons/_47679/120987/Mens%20Ak%202l%20Stagger%20%20Jacket

It is excessive buying for limited days on the moutain - I'm sure a shrink would say I am making up for my lack of slope time with these purchases!

Pah, call that excessive. You've got too much willpower if you ask me. Now go buy that VP-X300L as well. Toofy Grin
snow report
Impulsive purchase coming today! Woohoo!

Also, sickandwrong.co.uk seem to be having a sale right now.
latest report
Shallimus, what is said "mpulsive purchase " ?
snow report
Forgive me snowHeads, for I have sinned. It has been twenty days since my last confession.

Having bought the aforemetioned pinstripe jacket, I found myself having lustful thoughts about a pair of bonfire trousers. I finally succumbed last week - here's where I committed the terrible act. (they have 50% off! *sobs*)
snow report
damn you all I really can't afford any more kit.
snow conditions
Swirly, don;t worry I havent bought anything new for my next trip in 16 days snowHead
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, OMG you wait til you see the holes in my jacket where I carry my board. I NEED a new jacket but will wait til next year. You will recognise me on the pistes by the gaps on my right side Shocked Shocked
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, where you going? I need a new pair of pants: one have completely split and my gloves are knackered too! Part of me now wants a (very cheap) jibby board as well!
ski holidays
Mouth, I am very naughty, I buy something new every season, this year was new pants & Jacket Embarassed You are a female, females shop, go treat yourself in the sales Twisted Evil

Swirly, off to rock the Paradiski snowHead Mouth, is gonna show me the hidden gems. I suggest you buy some new pants otherwise it could be a bit wet & draughty.
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, I do have another pair. Enjoy Paradiski, it's a great area wish I had my current ability when I went there in 2006.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly, and when I am coming home you will be off to join the Lardy bus for a drink fuelled week of fun in VT snowHead
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, indeed then that's it Sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Swirly, sssssh we shouldn't think about that yet, tears will only be allowed when you are sitting at the bar holding a beer after the last run Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, I got new board and bindings this season remember? Oh and some new pants as with my armoured pants underneath the old ones were getting a tad tight Shocked

New jacket for sure next season...........
snow report
Mouth, wasn't the board was bought before the season? see where I'm going here .... so it doesn't count in this years budget wink
Armoured pants, I have enough padding, if I wore a pair of those I would resemble Violet Beauregarde when she ate the bubblegum Embarassed
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, actually I'm thinking of next season. I'm aiming to get out for 4 months ish so will need to start planning soon. Also think it's time to buy a helmet and some armour.

The speed you hit the kickers at you don't need to worry about impact shorts, maybe something to protect the other end of your body though Laughing NehNeh
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, Yes good point! Trust me the amount of times I end up on my **** I need the armoured job!!

So anyway I shall be easily spotted - Violet Beauregarde backside and a ski jacket that looks it should be worn under a bridge along the embankment Shocked Shocked
snow report
Mouth, Laughing Laughing Laughing
I shall bring you a can of Special Brew in a brown paper bag to compliment the embankment look Twisted Evil

Swirly, I already have 2 window lickers (one for each outfit ) where you gonna do a season, have you got a shortlist ?
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, I fancy L2A but depends on getting people to go out with. I'm not too bothered where although probably not Morzine as I've been there the last 2 seasons.
snow conditions
Swirly, I really like L2A , been 3 times. Good pistes, town is great and easy transfer too if you need to pop back & forth. Why worry about going with other people, I am sure you could hook up with new friends whilst your there
latest report
Swirly, what about Chamonix?
ski holidays
rayscoops, Cham would be another obvious choice although it would be very hard to leave with the climbing season following the boarding season. At least in L2A I can get some ice climbing in at La Grave but there's less for me when it all melts.

DebbiDoesSnow, true, I'm sure going by myself wouldn't be an issue it was to keep accommodation costs down a bit. I have got some mates interested atm but it's pinning them down.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy