Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach with kids - Hotel Egger

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are going on our first "Independant" ski holiday after 4 years of using Esprit and Family Ski Company. Both of were actually quite good, our favorite though was La Rosiere with Esprit, Fab piste side chalet " The Braconier" and a truly fabulous ski school used by esprit called Ski Evolution. I think my 8 year old daughter is still in love with the instructor Fabier. Last year was something of a disaster with Bad Weather all week and the ESF school in Les Menuires nothing more than Chaos and quite Brutal. After years of looking forward to our ski holidays my daughter was never going again.

So i had to come up with a ski holiday where she could take lessons and ski with us and also eat with us as well, my wife desperatly wanted leisure / pool facilities and to be pampered, also some restaurant standard food and service. So after much research i found the hotel Egger in Hinterglemm which seems to tick all the boxes. We booked direct and they have been fabulous in all their dealing with us to date. We also have 3 half day lessons with Snow and Fun in Hinterglemm which was actually very reasonable.

Our itinery is Fly to Salzburg with Thomson only £90 each at easter and stay in Salzburg the night at the Hotel Zur Poste, this rather than stay at a Manchester airport hotel and get a red eye flight in the morning. We then are picked up ( we hope ) by a taxi arranged by the Egger at 113 euro for us all so we will be in resort around 11.00 am well rested and hopefully get on the floodlit slope outside the hotel for a play on day one.

Can anyone please let me know if they have used or know of the hotel egger, also any advice on where to head for on the slopes that are nice safe runs and things to do in saalbach / Hinterglemm with kids. Also any Friendly mountain huts you can recommend for our trip to gain some refreshment both in the day and some micro apes ski for us all close by.

Thanks Trevor

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 11-03-08 0:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
our favorite though was La Rosiere
A hard act to follow, but I bet you have a great time. Obviously a family of impeccable taste.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy