Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI SUNDAY 9th Mar

Poster: A snowHead
I missed it again ;-( After programming myself to turn on BBC2 at 7 pm to catch Ski Sunday, I find it was earlier to make room for the dogshow!

If it's the same as previous weeks, most of it is on the BBC2 website but in little chunks and missing the race coverage which you probably saw on Eurosport or C4.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
owh damn, first one I missed. That is rather annoying considering the last one was so good.

did I miss anything?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christopher, nope.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best bit was seeing Tara P-T doing the Chalet-Girl-Shimmy-Shammy (in the words of the great Phil Smith)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Christopher, the episode went something like this:

High lighted lots of non ski related extreme sports
[edit] Learnt para-ski racing in 3 days... GB actually looked pretty good "flying" on skis
Womens Downhill Crans Montana - Lovely American lady and coach watch videos, race won by said lovely American lady, Italian lady falls over
Tara Palmer Tomkinson looked silly, acted silly, then came second to Colin Jackson in "Celebrity" race
Showed how they blew lots of tax payers money on fancy and impressive opening sequence in New Zealand

Think that sums it up...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 10-03-08 17:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Learnt para-ski racing in an afternoon

I thought they said it took them 3 days to get to that standard. That's more tax payers money wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski-finder,
Quote:

Think that sums it up

Perfectly!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Who is the boarder? Ed Something Puzzled How did he get the gig?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley wrote:

Not much by all accounts... just lucky I guess:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Leigh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roy Hockley, Ed has been aorund a while. Seen him doing some boarding jumps and trciks and he is actually quite good. What a gig though, travelling the world testing boards and ski resorts. Barsteward Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i thought the whole series was excellent ... if that doesn't make you want to ski nothng will ... hope they keep the same format for next year
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interview with Ed on SCGB page:

What’s your best bit of gossip?
Lets just say Tara Palmer-Tomkinson.

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rungsp, So her and Graham did it. Watched the program last night and she was flirting with him, being tied to him with the string did not prove to much of a hardship for her Toofy Grin However her chest is akin to an ice skating rink and I prefer a couple of moguls Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RichA wrote:
i thought the whole series was excellent ... if that doesn't make you want to ski nothng will ... hope they keep the same format for next year

agreed wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RichA wrote:
... if that doesn't make you want to ski nothng will ...

It didn't, but I do.
ski holidays
I enjoyed watching skiing on TV.

Disliked the bits were it wasnt skiing, e.g. on the train in Russia

On the whole it was good.

The penultimate episode was by far the best were they raced across the Tarentaise and Vanoise.

I liked the celebrity skiing, especially with the skiing tips.

The summer trek across the alps was also rather informative and interest. Especially with Montgenevre in the summer.
snow conditions
I see that the most recent issue of Private Eye devotes its entire TV column to the made-over Ski Sunday.

Interesting read.
snow conditions
Acacia, and..................... Confused snowHead
latest report
Roy Hockley wrote:

Bit of a knowledge on boarding by all accounts. One of the 'great' UK boarders. Used to edit Whitelines snowboard mag many moons ago. Knows his stuff when it comes to freestyle (commentates on boarding, skating and BMX events) – I'd say he's more than up to the job...

... oh, and this: http://www.soulsports.co.uk/profile.html?edleigh
UK air guitar champ THREE years running – gets my vote!! Smile

What's Graham Bell ever done I ask... sweet FA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Bell_%28skier%29 Toofy Grin

I think they should both be sacked and I, along with A N Other from snowHeads shoulod take their places.... Smile
ski holidays
Specialman wrote:
What's Graham Bell ever done I ask...

For some reason I assumed GB had achieved a little more than:

Wikipedia wrote:
At his peak he reached 86th in the FIS World Rankings
snow report
ski-finder, that'll be the overall world cup standings... he only did DH and maybe a bit of SuperG. Without checking I think his highest WC finish was 8th. He can ski, don't worry about that. Many have said that MB's skill combined with GB's attack would have made the perfect DHer.
latest report
Bode Swiller, not knocking the chap, just surprised that's all...
snow report
ski-finder wrote:
For some reason I assumed GB had achieved a little more

Me too. Mind you, he can obviously head down a brown pant-inducing slope at breakneck speeds better than most. Despite his 'lowly' standing in world standings etc, I still respect what he says on Ski Sunday...

... even if he is a double-planker!! Smile
snow report
ski-finder, Dare you mail him and tell him he is a lightweight and challenge him to a downhill race Toofy Grin Skullie
snow report
I have thoroughly enjoyed the series this year, all of it. I also really like Graham and Ed. Can't wait until it is back next year.
latest report
thefatcontroller, if you had ever seen me ski... you would know that was rather unlikely... Smile
latest report
ski-finder, wink Laughing
latest report
to jonm

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 17-03-08 23:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fat controller,

Hi, any chance you could let me have the torrent link? I missed the last episode too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy