Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

thinking of proposing..

Poster: A snowHead
If your budget allows, Lake Louise Canada alternatively Zell am See in Austria. Both are stunning locations.

I went to Lake Louise on honeymoon Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd seriously consider Lake Louise if the budget stretches to it. Very beautiful, lots of other things to do - husky rides, ice climbs, glacier treks etc plus nightlife in Banff.

of course if you prefer the traditionla British way - getting very pissed then accidentally letting it slip out you could try St Anton or one of numerous other places in the Alps
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would propose on the final day. If you ask on the first day and she says 'no thank you', then that could lead to some awkward silences at dinner. Just a thought.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
accidentally letting it slip out

And if that doesn't make her ring sparkle, nothing will.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
richmond, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I witnessed a guy getting down on one knee four years ago in Morzine on a mountain top terrace, the whole restaurant cheered when she said yes, it was quite a moment. They asked for the glasses that they had drunk from as a momento (perhaps this is not a good idea if your beginner skiers though wink. Good luck
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richmond wrote:
fatbob wrote:
accidentally letting it slip out

And if that doesn't make her ring sparkle, nothing will.

This had me laughing out loud!! The girlfriend wanted to know what was so funny! Embarassed Toofy Grin

Thankyou all for the great suggestions, sorry i haven't been on here to thank you before, but our bloody broadband has been down(F'ing BT)

We went into a travel agents yesterday just to get general idea's of a price for Austria, Zell Am Zee, and a couple in France.

Funny now reading the places that Zell Am Zee was put forward. I will now look into some of the other places you guys have said.

I love the thought of going to lake lousie, but money may stop that from happening!
rolling eyes

I'll prob be back with more quetions once we have booked somewhere..

Thanks again..

Tone Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lake Louise
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What Ordhan, said...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=649&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=masopa&start=0

All about a romantic proposal in Courchevel.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I proposed to my future Wife in a ski slope. my Advice do it quick. I carted around that b!oody rock for a week in Shladming. Everytime I fell, it was on the sharp end of a diamond. ouch! Anyway I didnt do it there, I did it in Glencoe in artic conditions. I couldnt tell if she had said yes at first because her balaclava obscured my view. then we had a romatic burger at a brewers fyre on the way home. I you LUuve her just do it!! wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Deliaskis, there's another assumption about snowHead gender out of the window!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Interesting discussion here. Odin, you suggested Levi in Finland. I was born close to Levi and I lived 20 years up there. I went skiing in nearby hills 3-4 times a week. It is nice up there, lots of northern lights and very quiet. Anyhow, as soon as I discovered the Alps, skiing in Lapland was not much interesting anymore. Even though I am from Finland, I gotta say go skiing in better resorts, such as those in Austria, Italy, France and Switzerland. Tony23, If you wish to know more about skiing in Finland, please check my blog posts

Some good reasons to ski in Finland
http://homeboyski.com/2007/12/04/skiing-in-finland-five-good-reasons-to-ski-in-finland/

Some good reasons NOT to ski in Finland
http://homeboyski.com/2007/12/06/skiing-in-finland-five-good-reasons-not-to-ski-in-finland/

Best ski resorts in Finland (there are not too many here..)
http://homeboyski.com/2007/12/03/why-not-skiing-in-finland-five-best-ski-resorts-in-finland/

This is where I go skiing with my kids when not in the Alps. Not too huge..
http://homeboyski.com/2008/01/19/ski-resort-review-talma-glacier-fabulous-little-ski-resort-in-southern-finland/

Check out also which places we consider the best ones we have visited. Might be helpful
http://homeboyski.com/2008/03/14/homeboyskis-top-ten-ski-resorts-we-have-visited/

Finally our list of top ten ski resorts
http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/09/top-10-ski-resorts/

My intention is not to spam, I just hope these are helpful for Tony23.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
laundryman, blah! No it isn't, my other half, who registered himself as a Snowhead yesterday, seems to have mistakenly thought the laptop was logged in as him, not as me! So I was the one proposed to on a ski trip!! The rest of it is more or less true, although I do not own a balaclava!

Would not be very macho to be a bloke named Delia would it Laughing !

Pluto - log in a yourself you nutter!

D
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Deliaskis wrote:
Would not be very macho to be a bloke named Delia would it Laughing !

Well I didn't want to seem impolite. wink
ski holidays
laundryman, glad I saw it in time to clear it up anyway!!
snow report
again if money stretches, then the fairmont chateau lake louise. fantastic scenary with loads to do and excellent skiing.

http://www.worldonskis.com/gallery/cht/hotels/lalthefairmontchateau1.jpg[/url]
snow report
Go to Ischgl on your own. After tasting some of its legendary nightlife you'll realise that there are so many women and so little time.
latest report
chris1989, in-fact any Fairmont should do the trick. LL is absolutely stunning, although I've only been during the summer. Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Quebec is a simply gorgeous hotel, in a pretty city with some decent ski hills nearby.

Zell am See is a good option. Not many places in France that would inspire me to propose...

standyc wrote:
I proposed to my now wife whilst on the old 2 seater chair life in Soldeu on St Paddy's Day

You old romantic you... Shocked

An old two seater, I'd never dare do it on a chairlift. I dropped a glove once, a couple of thousand pounds worth of ring... no, I'd never dare do it. You're a brave man...
snow report
How about Lake Louise in Canada ? We had our honeymoon there staying in the Deer Lodge (not the big hotel right next to the lake but the little cosy one round the corner). It's a short drive to the resort itself but they take you there by private van & can pick you up every half hour through the day. The lodge is really lovely & we had champagne in the hot tub on the roof whilst it was minus 30 outside. Ice sculptures & strolls on the frozen lake - v. romantic.

ps - my first post, hope it's not too soppy Smile
ski holidays
maybe you should change your name to "soppysnowsparkle"...

has a certain ring to it Very Happy
snow conditions
snowsparkle2, hello, yes, well it's a bit soppy, but never mind. I can second the Deer Lodge as a very pleasant hotel. Some chums stayed there and we dined there. Very enjoyable (apart from being complimented by the waitress on my choice of main course; if I'd wanted her approval, I'd have asked her to choose for me). I preferred it to the Chateau LL (it's a very different style of hotel), although it doesn't have the views.

shoogly, ho, ho.
ski holidays
skisimon, agreed about the Chateau Frontenac and Quebec city - but Mont Ste Anne etc can be cold and icy. Lake Louise is very scenic but the fairmont is a bit large and corporate so the Post Hotel or Deer Lodge might be better.

My wife asked for my hand in marriage in Megeve 20 years ago. I've been trying to give her the other bits ever since Toofy Grin
snow report
snowball, I didn't mean skiing from the top of the Matterhorn! I just meant he could go up in the cable car with the missus for the view and the scenery! I thought there was a cable car that had spectacular views? But as I said in my post I've not been to Zermatt so I don't know. Puzzled
ski holidays
Tony,

Despite the cretins here pointing out the bumps in the slope along the way, I think it is a great idea and thinking about doing it myself (although running out of time for this year). Hope it all goes well whereever you chose.
snow report
croskemj, You're a JIZZWEASEL
latest report
Chateau Lake Louise hotel would fit the bill nicely. Just make sure you're confident she'll say yes!!

Lakes and mountains don't come any better than this and the skiing is great too.

snow conditions
uktrailmonster wrote:
Chateau Lake Louise hotel would fit the bill nicely. Just make sure you're confident she'll say yes!!

Lakes and mountains don't come any better than this and the skiing is great too.

wow!! that view is stunning! lots of poeple are saying Lake louise(plus her surname is Lake& her middle name is Louise!)

If i could go to Lake louise i could only afford to go for 1 week, do you think it would be worth going for just 1, due to the long travelling time?? Puzzled

Tony
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's a tough one to answer, could you stretch it out to 10 days? You know she's worth it Smile
ski holidays
tony23, we had two one week hols in LL, it's definitely worth doing - early to bed, early to rise (there's not a lot happening in LL in the evenings anyway). Longer is better (a phrase you may hear when you pop the question), of course, especially as the extra days cost b. all (for the accomodation anyway). We stayed in the Chateau LL, which is not a patch on the Banff Springs but makes an impact, and the LL Inn, which is considerably down market from there - fine, but not a special occasion place. The LL Post House is said to be excellent (it should be, it's pricey), and the Deer Lodge is very comfortable and pleasant and low key. The views from the Chateau LL can't be beaten, though; make sure you get a room with a view (they cost more, natch).

If you go to LL, dine in the LL Station; the food is good, but the atmos is terrific. It's good for post skiing beer, too.
latest report
Corky,

not helping....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Have stayed in Deer Lodge and it is a good compromise.
latest report
You could always book through last minute we got an amazing deal with them, but I am fairly certain they must have made a mistake Very Happy - see post http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=540473&highlight=anniegirl#540473 that would definitely be romantic.

We got our flights for £300 each as we bought them in the sale, after someone on here mentioned there were bargins to be had.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 18-03-08 20:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
tony23 A lot of people are suggesting Lake Louise and with the name conection it really should be. Rather than breaking the bank and also making her suspect something ( as I guess this will be a surprise) by booking the Chateau why not just book an ordinary Shocked holiday to Banff but go to the Chateau to do the deed.
Just had a little look on the Inghams website - don't know your budget or where you are based but some prices based on a depature date of March 4th 2009 out of Gatwick for 10 nights - flights, transfers and hotel for the 2 of you....
Banff Springs £2046
Rundlestone Lodge £1394
Ptarmigan Inn £1420
At Lake Louise
Deer Lodge £ 1444
Lake Louise Inn £1492
Chateau £2296

May need to get a second job!!!! But have a look at their site if the dates and airports are different so you can get an accurate price to consider and weigh this up against Zell prices.
latest report
minx, interesting that the LL Inn is pricier than the Deer Lodge. When I was there (some years ago, admittedly) the DL was much pleasanter, although probably with fewer 'facilities' (no pool and no TV in rooms - hurrah).
snow conditions
richmond, surprises me too. I have stayed 4 times at the LLI at knock-down rates. Definitely the cheapo hotel in the area.
latest report
I've stayed at the Lake Louise Inn too, although many years ago. It was ok, but very basic. Not what you need for a special trip like this. You really need to bite the bullet and get booked into the Chateau with the full-on lakeside view. As a compromise you could spend the first few nights in one of the cheaper places in Banff and then move to the Chateau for the big occasion.
ski holidays
Do 4 days in Banff-at the Springs if you can, go to the Chateau for 3 days and do it whilst there. Room with Lake View would probably be a bonus!
snow conditions
tony23, welcome to snowheads.

sorry for the miserable bast4ards.

Fantastic idea- to get teh most out of any first skiing holiday have a few lessons on adry slope/ in a snowdome first.

Zermatt is amazing- if you can afford it- it is a very expensive place- especially some of the mountain restaurants suggested.....

The Italian Dolomites are very beautiful- rock spires- sunny- good food- and feature in at least 1 Bond Film as well (For Yours Eyes Only??) - not so expensive!

Mrs Ed and I love skiing together- it is a fantastic holiday for a married / unmarried couple- or any permutation of possible partnerships! Just sitting on a ski lift together in amazing scenery is really beautiful- we have even had a graet time when it was raining (rtrue- in Serre Chevalier- rain....horrid...but found a great restaurant Pia Mei I think and spent a cheerful hour eating in front of roaring fire).......

Best of luck
snow conditions
Why do I find myself humming (badly) that Bryan Ferry classic "I wear my heart on my sleeve"?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy