Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Appreciate any advice on best service provider (having spent too long waiting in line on the A40 yesterday). The easiest/quickest supply of a unit to the UK would be good. If relevant, it is only going to be used for four to six trips through France (Calais-Cluses) each year and I have a french bank account.....Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ron allan, a very warm welcome to snowheads. They're magic boxes and if you use the search function under the mountain in the banner at the top, you'll find loads of stuff on here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ron allan, Welcome. A whole thread for you to read, however I have directly linked to where I asked about getting one last Summer and have as well. Used gong to Paris in October. Worked a dream. Of to La Plagne on Wednesday out of Geneva and shall be using again.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=699503#699503

I have gone with these

http://www.sanef.com/fr/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ron allan, I also have also gone with these :- http://www.sanef.com/fr/

Delivery was less than 1 week. Select the 30E deposit and its only an extra 2E per month in the month you use it. Used one on three trips now. To get through the Reserved lanes your vehicle should be under 2m.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20744&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=telepeage&start=40
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much folks!!

Just ordered in about two minutes flat and have the useful confirmation email in english....In the telepeage thread I should have looked at earlier .... dohhhh! .... it has been asked before, but still can't see any reasonthat the majority of the French don't seem to have one of these gadgets...any new ideas??
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ron allan, Some one posted that the French don't use them because of the confusing billing system (it is very confusing once in use regularly) and the additional cost ( 2 € a month!) plus the peage have a reputation for cloning credit cards Shocked Mine was cloned after use at the Lyon peage, or so my cc company informed me when telephoning to tell me they had spotted it and cancelled my cards!
There is also an urban myth that the Police can tell if you have been speeding by looking at your Telepeage account.
So the French use cash.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Am I correct in reading the Sanef site as saying that the telepeage gizmo costs you 2 euros for every month during which you use, it, a one off charge of 3 euros and a refundable deposit of 30 euros (plus the tolls, of course)? Doesn't seem bad, but I have no recollection of queueing for more than a couple of mins max at peages (I may have blocked longer waits out).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richmond, Its just worth it for the smug feeling of being shunted of the motorway about 3 miles form the tolls by some t*at doing about 140 to then see him stuck in a toll booth. A joy I expereince so happily on the Severn Bridge with my TAG Toofy Grin

Also if you drive into the night it means you don't have to waker someone to payu the toll on your left hand side. Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond, Yep, correct the 2€ is per month so if you go out at the end of Jan for a week and thus come bachk in Feb you have used it for 2 months and pay accordingly! Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, I was doing 130 your honour! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Noticed on the trip down this year that there are far more credit card lanes than before, often the queues for these was shorter than the Peage! After experimenting at a quiet toll, I can confirm that a VW Sharan with roofbox 225cm total height will go through the height barrier! From what I can see the physical barrier is at about 250cm with chains hanging down
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had mine for four years, one of the best "insider" tips you can take if you're addicted to hacking down the autoroutes every year. As a nice touch, Sanef even sent me a free second beeper after a year. Don't know if they do this as standard, but the smugness is certainly increased if you're travelling in convoy and can share the warm feeling. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got an APRR one for our trip at Christmas as unlike Sanef there was no 30 euros refundable deposit - just paid 10 euros for it (not bad considering it cost them over 9 euros to post it to me) & then like Sanef its 2 euros for each month that you're using it. Proved very useful round Lyon area for avoiding queues.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy