Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste - I did it !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I did ! - ten turns in control in powder. Now I know what it feels like. Toofy Grin I found that to keep control I had to be brave and aim straight down the fall line. Then in the afternoon, I took a dive and cricked my neck. Sad

Funny, when I first logged onto Snowheads, I was a total beginner and at last I feel I might be getting somewhere!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004,

Well done - you will be hooked now, the only problem being trying to find the conditions to do it !

Lat year i experienced powder for the first time - this year snow conditions didnt really allow unless you went off piste which I am not sure Im up to yet !

Ideal scenario is a heavy dump part way through the week wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When it snows overnight and is still snowing in the morning, get up early and ride the first lifts that open. Then you often find wonderful powder on piste. You also find quiet pistes as so many other people look out of their window, see the poor visibility and go back to bed. By the way, poor visibility when skiing powder on piste is no problem as the landings are soft when you fall over.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kwakazx6r wrote:
erica2004,

Ideal scenario is a heavy dump part way through the week wink

Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, Woohoo! Haven't tried it myself yet, I'm sure it will be mortifyingly hard at first. Good on you!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
erica2004, Big brave you - well done!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well done erica2004 Very Happy as a matter of interest, can you recall how far apart your feet/skis were? wink (If it helps, maybe (a)= "wide" stance, perhaps feeling "exaggerated"; (b)= natural hip width apart; (c)= feet closer together than (b).)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
erica2004,
Quote:

Funny, when I first logged onto Snowheads, I was a total beginner and at last I feel I might be getting somewhere!

S'funny how much you can learn by trawling t'interweb.
Well done you! Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yoda, Feet closer together than (b). But my hips are a 'women's hips' Very Happy
In fact I spent some time skiing on piste with my feet closer together and weight evenly balanced because of all the snow fall.

Are you going to tell me I'm wrong. Puzzled

Megamum, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin It'll come to you sooner than you think!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
erica2004, not at all. Just remembering that earlier discussion about "stance width" and wondering wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yoda, What I did find (and probably have been to nervous to do before) is that if you make a 'larger' turn to try to gain control then you're stuffed. You have to aim straight down doing what feels like short 'pop' turns especially if it's steep. You can get away with bigger turns if the slope is gentler. I practiced on gentler slopes first. I still have a long way to go but I understand what to do now. I did ski straight into soft snow under a lift and the snow went up to mid thigh straight away. Then I had a job getting out of it and on top of it! I have piste skis and they've coped ok. I imagine off piste skis would make it easier.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy