Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When is Bode going to say, 'I told you so? '

Poster: A snowHead
Not my headline (and I'd say the question mark should be outside the quotes). It's the headline of this piece from Tahoe Daily Tribune, apparently by Steve Yingling:

When is Bode going to say, 'I told you so? '
Quote:
Bode's 2007 contentious split with the U.S. Ski Team is beginning to look like a public relations nightmare for his former team. Without the structure of the U.S. team, who out there figured that Bode was destined for a turbulent season of partying and inconsistent results?

Instead, Bode is proving that the U.S. Ski Team isn't the only option for top American racers. In fact, I'm sure some of his former teammates are beginning to think Bode is on to something. Maybe his program can help their results, too.

Could 'Bode's program' fire up other potential renegades, not necessarily American?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is nothing new that raw talent can have its developement restricted by coaches and teams that adhere to strict principles for everyone regardless of their needs. What I think Miller has shown, is that if you tailor training and management to the individual you can get the best from them. I hope he goes on to win the World Cup Overall title.

Go Bode. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isn't there also an Italian (forget his name) who got dropped from the Italian team earlier in the season, only to do well as an 'independent' and then unsurprisingly was then back in the Italian team for the most recent downhills?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I told you so
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No you didn't
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Prehaps if he stayed of the Beer when he was part of the American team his results would be like this Toofy Grin Thrilled to see him winning and the way he skies amazing to watch
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Didn't Giadelli fall out with the Italians and become a Luxembourger (or however you spell it?).

A friend of my son was told his style was too Swiss to be considered for the British juniors, even though he was regularly beating most of them in the competitions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tessaventer wrote:
Isn't there also an Italian (forget his name) who got dropped from the Italian team earlier in the season, only to do well as an 'independent' and then unsurprisingly was then back in the Italian team for the most recent downhills?

Wasn't it Kurt Sulzenbacher? Ironicaly he was training as an independent but with the American team!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whats wrong with skiing like the swiss, I would rather ski like Dider Couch than Finlay McKay nothing personal against Finlay but there is no comparison (For Obvious reasons)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ordhan, ony the British Team selectors can answer that.
The wierd thing is that we thought racing teams would want to pick the fastest skier, not the not as fast but parents turn up to all the fund raising and race on dendix as well skier.

No kidding though....the reason actually quoted was "we know he is fast enough, we can see that, but his style is too Swiss for the British squad".

He continues to beat most of them in the big competitions.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="rungsp"]Didn't Giadelli fall out with the Italians and become a Luxembourger (or however you spell it?)[quote] Marc Giradelli was an Austrian but skiied for Luxembourg and had to become a Luxemboug national in order to ski in the Olympics for them. He's very much an Austrian though.

Other defectors include our own Konrad Bartelski who skiied for Holland for a while. Current skiers include Kilian Albrecht an Austrian skiing for Bulgaria.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp wrote:
The wierd thing is that we thought racing teams would want to pick the fastest skier, not the not as fast but parents turn up to all the fund raising and race on dendix as well skier.

No kidding though....the reason actually quoted was "we know he is fast enough, we can see that, but his style is too Swiss for the British squad".

It really does make one laugh. You know, if I had the money, I'd love to sponsor that young lad to learn to ski in Switzerland, have him adopted by the Swiss and go on to compete successfully at the highest level. Why? Just to ram it up the selector's narrow-minded petty @rses! Jeez no wonder we never reach our full potential in so many areas rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark Hunter wrote:
rungsp wrote:

It really does make one laugh. You know, if I had the money, I'd love to sponsor that young lad to learn to ski in Switzerland, have him adopted by the Swiss and go on to compete successfully at the highest level. Why? Just to ram it up the selector's narrow-minded petty @rses! Jeez no wonder we never reach our full potential in so many areas rolling eyes

But would the Swiss coach him to the level he can beat them in international competition?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
abc, well the Swiss would probably give him citizenship and he'd accept, remembering the narrow-minded, visionless Brit selectors... Evil or Very Mad God, I really need to get a grip Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

A friend of my son was told his style was too Swiss to be considered for the British juniors

Perfectly reasonable - clearly he was winning far too often, rather than letting other people have a turn.
snow conditions
Lizzard, have you seen the British Skiercross championship race? 4 blokes stood at the finish line all going "no after you, I insist"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy