Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler or Banff - Going next February, can't decide : )

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya all snowHead 's .... Whistler or Banff? Little Angel

Just wondered if anyone out there can give me some of the experiences with trips to Whistler and Banff. We are going next February for 11 nights, just want good snow for snowboarding and a nice place to stay... not fussed for bars and clubs.

Have enquired about Banff on a package deal already and know that we'd have to take a bus to the three slopes. I know from speaking to some people that Whistler is a snowboarders/skiers heaven but no one really says anything about Banff - but Banff looks amazing and with it been inland it gets amazing snow.

Please can anyone who has a few munites tell me what they think of either/both so I can make my mind up.

Thanks very much in advance.

Leedslips xx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LOVE EM BOTH.

both had amazing snow when i was there, both at about christmas time,

banff was -30 degrees though!!

lots of bussing in banff but if you dont mind that great,.....its a cute little village with elks (not elfs!!) wandering around that adds to the charm.....good nightlife....dont get picked up by the bounties though and put in the drunk-tank (eh-hem), off piste was absolutely amazing......best in my whole life (but then i've never been to japan)

whistler-great resort, great nightlife...seemed like lots more non-canadians than in banff. again had fantastic snow...but can be wet. depending on where you are you can almost ski back to some hotels. busier pistes than banff

food great in both.

sorry thats no help is it!!!!!- they are both amazing. whistler just has it for me..........

have fun.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dizzymink, thanks - they both sound amazing, cheers for the insight hun x
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
check out the resorts reports, in the Resorts section
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whistler is normally good in February. Generally we have a lot of bluebird days, with good snow. This Feb was amazing. Some years we do get a bit of rain, but it normally never last more than 24hours, but can wreck the mountain. That being said, we haven't for the last 3 seasons, and have had great February's.
I have only ever been to Banff in spring time, great resorts out there, my fav is Lake Louise. I never go during the depth of winter because a) to damn cold in banff b) why leave a great ski resort in Whistler
From Banff, it takes approx 30mins to Sunshine and 40 to Lake Louise (I believe) Norquay is only 5-10 mins away, but not really worth skiing. There are buses that run from Banff to the ski resorts, not sure if they are free or not.
Whistler is know for wet snow, the last 3 season (including this one) we have had awesome snow, light and dry. It looks like we are about to get some wet snow this coming week, basically the first for the season. Its always a gamble, but Whistler is paying off lately.
Whistler is epic, so much terrain in one area. Great back country too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whistler and stay high.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Leedslips, no contest. Whistler has everything. The daily grind of getting to resorts gets to be a real pain in banff and the best ski area (LL) is full hour away.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Feb I'd go to Whistler. I Went to Banff from 2 Feb onwards this year and it was a mite chilly, plus it seems that the best terrain only opens around march at the earliest.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whistler gets more snow, Banff gets drier snow. If your going for 10 days why not do more than 1 resort, there are better places to ski in canada than either whistler or banff but they are off the beaten track.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I agree with wbsr regarding February and bluebird days. Also, you can get cold snaps in Whistler around that time too but they seem to last only for a few days at a time. I've heard it can get very cold over in Banff. Also in Whistler, everything is on your doorstep without too much of a schlep in the morning to get to the slopes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So, when is the best time to go to Banff then? late feb or early march? or even april?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If going to Banff a few nights in the Sunshine Inn is worth a look. Only ski in/ out hotel in the area with massive out door hottub (Holds 40 people). Although when we were there we had the tub to ourselves!! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy