Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peisey for Pedestrians

Poster: A snowHead
We are booked to go to Peisey-Vallandry at the beginning of March following a fantasitic trip their last season. However I am in the unfortunate position of finding myself 'with a bun in the oven' and so will not be able to ski... Mad
So can anyone tell me whether I will be able to get up to Les Arcs to meet the hubby for lunch. I see from the Peisey website that the the Peisey and Vallandry chair lifts can be used by pedestrians, but can I then walk down to Arc 1800 maybe and/or then take the Transarc up???

Or are their any buses running between P-V and Les Arcs? I think there are shuttles between Peisey and Vallandry; and shuttles between the Arcs but is there one between the two?

Any ideas welcome. Fantastic resort for skiing (Even with Vanoise shut) but for a non-skiier am I going to be in the chalet reading (or in the Flying Squirrel or Mont Blanc reading!)

Tizz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tizzyb,

Sorry but you are stuck in Peisey-Vallandry as there is no road around from PV to the main areas of Les Arcs without going via Bourg.

There is a restaurant near the top of the pedestrian lift - but I'm not sure how safe it would be to walk across too.

You can always try the snow-shoeing - Not sure how to arrange but I have seen people heading off to do this

Skitrack
PS Which week? We're there starting 2/March
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ARGH!! I thought looking at at maps that there was a road! Oh well...just lots of relaxing for me then.

The pedstrain info does seen to suggest that you can go up the lift but on no account should you try to walk accross piste! rolling eyes

We are there 2nd March too, where are you staying?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I read this first as PAISLEY for pedestrians - thought that was quite random Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tizzyb,

Club Med!

5 weeks and counting
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone know whats happened to the poster on here called Flying Squirrel?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tizzyb,
You can catch the Vallandry chair & turn right to La Poudreuse restaurant, which is in the Peisey sector. It is only a few mins' walk, and is perfectly safe for pedestrians. It has a nice balcony facing the sun, and is particularly sunny in the afternoon, when conditions permit!
The only way to get to Les Arcs 1800 is to walk uphill through the woods (La Foret piste) from Vallandry. It would probably take you about 1 hour, depending on the conditions, and many people use this route to walk their dogs. It is a road in summer (La Route des Espagnols), but is a gentle piste in winter (used to be green). Of course, you then have to walk back after lunch, downhill!
If you have a car, you could always drive round to 1600, via Bourg, to meet your hubby, or go up on the funicular, if you do't want to drive up, but taxis are expensive .
There are quite a few restos at the bottom of Vallandry chair - Le Refuge Pizza place, next to Sherpa supermarket, I recommend, for example. At the bottom of the Peisey chair, I recommend Le Solan, and La Vanoise hotel, next to the piste on the Flying Squirrel side, and easy to ski in, ski out.
Where exactly are you staying?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, Will is still around - I saw him telemarking today! But he is very busy most evenings running his bar. Try sending him a PM if you wish to contact him.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fj, I was just wondering, I seem to recall he was trying to sell the bar last year, with the VE not working I guess I may not get over this season Confused
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the responses. La poudreeuse sounds like a must. I remember/liked Le Solan from last year.

We are staying in peisey in the esprit chalets (les deux domaines) just across the road from the steps up to the peisey chair lift. (And so would be close to Vanoise!!) And close to the 'lobster pots'!

skitrack - Club med eh? nice!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tizzyb,

Yup - Can't wait.

No discount because of the Vanoise clothes line though. Ah well never mind - Just get an extra drink or two!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tizzyb,
I almost forgot L'Armoise - the best resto in Plan Peisey, only a few metres across the road - you must book it if you wish to go, for chalet girls' night off, immediately you arrive! You will not be disappointed.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, We popped in the Flying Squirrel when in Peisey. Nice man, nice palce but its just the same as being in any english bar and thats not what I wanted when on holiday in France. Its a very popular place but we didn't venture back as we wanted rude staff and shoite beer.. wink Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tizzyb, Which of the Espirt chalets are you in we stayed there 3 weeks ago. The only thing I did not like about the chalets is the road outside the front door(ish) which can be like a racing track Mad

and yes spending a fecking week looking at the static Naoise was torture. Cracking crew wiht Esprit in Peisey this year. All the wives love the kids manager Jake. He was in Montchavin the year before as a ranger and on the way my wife said she wondered if 'very handsome blonde one' would be in Peisey this year. When the 'very handsome blond one' appeared she blushed and insited she has said 'very nice chap who was good wiht the kids' Laughing Laughing . Great crew though
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tizzyb, It's a nice easy walk along La Foret green to 1800 (slight uphill) and 20 min. MAX ( fj, rolling eyes get to the gym if that stroll takes you an hour). Though you must obviously take as much care walking as sliding along a piste . . . abet a very gentle . . . a toboggan for the trip back?
snow conditions
tizzyb,

If interested we got 'Ed' the Esprit resort manager (lovely guy just very square, you will understand when you meet him Laughing ) to arrange a taxi for 8 of us to Motntchavin return for the day and it was 20 euro a person. Left 9.15am, collected 4.15pm so good long day over in La Plagne.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, We are in Ecrurieul (or whatever!), same as last year (although last year we booked last minute and had the top floor suite, this year slumming it in a normal room) Love Esprit, this will be our 4th Esprit, we went 2 weeks last winter, Morzine and Peisey, and did the summer hol in Neustift. (Morzine chalet wasn't upto much, but they obviously agree as it's not in the brouchure this year) Great with the kids, ours are almost 4 and 18months.

Looking forward to meeting Jake Blush and Ed
Hubby might be interested in the Montchavin trip, allthough last year found there was plenty of skiing on the Les Arcs side anyway. But he's hoping he can buddy up with some of the folks in the chalet seeing as I won't be joining him. From past experience chalets seem pretty good for finding people to ski with.

Oh and L'Armoise, yes went there last year....mmmm...lovely Tartiflette...drooling just thinking about it.

Def need to give the La Foret a try, might try and nick a bum board for the ride home.
latest report
Oh and do they still do those strawberry cocktail things in L'Armoise?
snow report
tizzyb, We stayed in the Hermine, the top chalet by the road, the luxury of dropping the kids of in your jammies in the lift wink Laughing

We did the 2 previous years with Esprit in Montchavin, personally prefer Montchavin, charming old French village however too much mud there last year so aimed higher this year. Missed the vanoise and the charm of Montchavin (missed skiing La Plagne but can't say that to much as there is an old bloke called boredsurfin who takes the p*ss when I say that) but chalets in Peisey were as perfect as you could hope for.
snow conditions
rolling eyes thefatcontroller, Lucky you! We decided to go for 'The squirrel chalet' again as the 3 year old would not have forgiven us! Well I guess as long as it had a 'bubbly bath' she wouldn't have cared. MIght have the trek up the hill, but we got good views!
snow report
tizzyb, Have to admit though that I wouldn't go back to Peisey there was just something about it I wasn't 100% sold on. View from our bedroom window in Hermine. Loved looking out at the washing line rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

(missed skiing La Plagne but can't say that to much as there is an old bloke called boredsurfin who takes the p*ss when I say that)

as if ...... Laughing
snow conditions
Just a quick update. Now back from Peisey. Had a loevely week in the sunshine NehNeh. Picked up a walking route map and managed to walk to Arc 1800, didn't have to go via La foret, there is a path route from the top of Vallandry. lovely route, pretty, through the trees, sun shining, birds singing. From there went up the transarc and met Hubby at col de la chal.
Also walked to Notre Dames les Vernettes in the other direction from Peisey, which was even lovelier, fantastic views. Slightly marred by the boot lace breaking as I tightened my boots for the return walk..grrr...!

Hubby had a fab time, the others in the chalet were great and he joined them. I think they skiied every piste in Les Arcs and a fair bit of off-piste. He probably had a better time than if I'd been holding him back! They didn't miss the Vanoise, found plenty to do.

Spent a fair bit of time in the Mont Blanc and just generally relaxing.

Kids had a great time in nursery/snow club with esprit. Not very impressed with ESF, but that's another story!

thanks for all your help.
snow conditions
tizzyb, glad to hear everything went well, sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves. We went on the same walk to Notre Dame des Vernettes a few days ago, I never tire of it. It must be just about the most popular walk in the area in winter! We live on the Route des Vernettes, and there must be hundreds who walk past on a sunny day, especially on a Friday, when the chapel is open, or on a Sunday..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy