Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Man, not on a Mission...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never really got on with my off-piste setup - Scott Missions 183 with Fritschi FR+ bindings. I'm not sure what's not right, but it really just doesn't do it for me. I don't know whether it's the deadness of flex the FR+ create; whether it's the ski length; the mount point (which on Scott skis doesn't help them pivot very well); or just me.

Whatever it is, it doesn't float my boat.

I want to keep the flexibility of being able to skin and, given there are some higher performance boots in the pipeline for next season, I'm tempted to look at Dynafits and would appreciate feedback on how they ski in comparison to the FR+.

And, whilst I really shouldn't buy a ski without having skied it, I really am tempted by either the Dynastar 8000s or Nomad Crimsons that Sport Conrad are knocking out at a very favourable price at the moment. Any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dynafits ski very well indeed. They have an extremely solid connection with the boot and ski - you almost wish for some slop to absorb the shock if you're skiing on very hard snow!

The release seems reasonable. I've only come out of mine once and it was at a time when I should have

The only downside is a slight additional faff. I find them a little fiddly to get into but I am not exactly twinkle toed!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, keep up the telemarking and never have to ski again?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor wrote:
Yes, keep up the telemarking and never have to ski again?

Ah yes, that is one course of action. But needs to wait for one thing...

...competence Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy