Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler 4th to 15th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling with my son (16 with attitude but red hot) if anyone wants to hook up for a blast around.

Also, travelling up by limo from the airport on Fri eve 4th if any wants a lift and share costs.

Can anyone recommend either Dave Murrey or Extremely Canadian ski camps? whats the difference Puzzled

Cheers
Geoff
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave Murray is generally more about gate training, and the Extremely Canadian are more about skiing the steeps. However both camps swing either way depending on who is it/ their ability levels/ what the MAJORITY want to do/ and also the snow conditions. Actually I take that back, Dave Murray camps do venture off piste and into the steeps, but the Extremely Canadian camps rarely venture away from the steeps.
I haven't done either, but have heard good things from friends who have done EC.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

I'm in Whistler from the 29 March to 10th April with my 18 and 20 year old daughters. The limo sounds cool but can't oblige for that date. I like to ski the steeps and appreciate company. My girls will probably stick to the easier trails. Anyway, keep in touch here and perhaps we can hook up in town.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If this is the place to hijack a thread regarding limo sharing - we are travelling 13th to the 25th, if anyone is looking to share?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi jazzy - we'll be there 5th-12th so no limo share Sad

warrell - I'm into the steeps too - my wife is more the blues and (maybe by then) dark blue/blacks.

We're staying in the Woodrun off Blackcomb though - we're probably up for a meet and run...

I'm actually sitting typing in my DM T-shirt from '05 ! Last time I did EC (06).
Bear in mind my skiing improved a fair bit between DM and EC - I found DM worked mainly on on-piste technique whereas my EC coach started us off with the fastest blue run I've ever done and then moved on to Whistler Cornice...
I also learned some basic 1-ski skiing when my other ski went over a small cliff; climbed Spanky's Ladder for the first time and generally became addicted to steeps...
I just sent EC an email to see if Kristy is taking a clinic whilst I'm there Smile
Worth saying that DM really helped my technique - without them (and things like ESA etc) I'd have had problems being able to do what we did.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jazzy_geoff, If you decide to do a Dave Murray Camp (and I highly recommend it) and you're planning on doing the last one of the season (7th - 9th April) then I would suggest booking it now as it's probably going to be full. This is their 25th Anniversary year and I think the last camp will be a bit special this year. I wish I was going!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also, I've done both EC and Murray Camps and they're very similar. EC is only two days and will only do steeps and deeps (conditions permitting) Murray Camp will do steeps and deeps (conditions permitting) and gates (if it's not a powder camp or if you're masochistic - no coach wants to be skiing gates on a powder day but will do if their clients specifically request it)

I love them both and my skiing has improved thanks to them although I've only done a couple of EC's and lots of Murray Camps. However, I'd definitely get along to the last Murray Camp of the season. They're always good fun! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy