Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

“Anyone venturing off piste should be carrying a transceiver, a shovel and a probe"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Perhaps the SCGB should be concentrating on on-piste safety instead. Konrad Bartelski is having a go in today's Sunday Times... http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/news/article3503385.ece

Are we safer in bed?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steve Sparks wrote:
snowball, which bit don't you agree with?

The suggestion that the ski club shouldn't be advising people to have the kit.

The SCGB do also advise about on piste safety. It isn't an either / or. They are the chief British body concerned with recreational skiing. Originally they were involved with racing too but that has split off.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:

... and I wasn't scaremongering.

Sorry, Swiller. Hurtle had given the impression of being scared $h1tless by what you'd said and had given up off-piste skiing for ten minutes. Maybe you were just scary, rather than scaremongering.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

Maybe you were just scary

Yeah, a bit. But I'm terminally ignorant, so don't mind me. (It's probably yet another thread in which I should have resisted participating. Embarassed )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball,

"They are the chief British body concerned with recreational skiing"

even if they are, that doesn't give them the authority to tell people what they should carry with them when they go skiing. My point is that they would be much better encouraging an attitude of intelligent risk assessment rather than issuing instructions that at times appear disproportionate and at worst may encourage people to take unecessary risks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks,
Quote:

snowball,

"They are the chief British body concerned with recreational skiing"

even if they are, that doesn't give them the authority to tell people what they should carry with them when they go skiing. My point is that they would be much better encouraging an attitude of intelligent risk assessment rather than issuing instructions that at times appear disproportionate and at worst may encourage people to take unecessary risks.

Gives then as much right s anybody else in my book. In fact they are pointing out the bleedin' obvious AFAIAC
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy