Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski resort near Salzburg

Poster: A snowHead
Flying into Salzburg need accomodation in a ski resort not really bothered where as long as theres some snow, just for little old me would sleep on an airbed in a sleeping bag in shared accom if it was cheap enough.
Can any one help from Saturday 15th march for 7 nights
Also need a transfer from and to airport.
thanks
Andrew

SORRY TO SHOUT BUT BEFORE ANYONE COMMENTS I KNOW THIS SHOULD GO IN ACCOMODATION PART OF THE FORUM BUT MORE PEOPLE LOOK AT THIS PART OF THE FORUM
[ i have also put it in the chalets bit ] Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andybabes, these hostel websites might be worth a browse:
http://www.hostelworld.com/countries/austriahostels.html
http://www.hihostels.com/dba/cmap-AT.en.htm
http://www.bugeurope.com/destinations/austria.html

The last one, Bug Europe, is one I've used quite a bit in the past. The reviews are useful. Hostels are a particularly good place to stay when skiing - great company, great sources of local advice, someone to ski with, etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try the tourist offices in the Ski Amade region - or go here - I see there are options for private rooms, apartments, and huts and hostels - and even campsites.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andybabes, when I skied in Saalbach 2 years ago, I contacted the tourist office. A single room in a b&b was only a couple of euros more than I was expecting to pay in a hostel. Get in touch with the local tourist offices and see what they have available.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andybabes, try flangesax. His place is in the Ski Amade and has excellent links to Radstadt, Flachau, Zauchansee, Schladming etc etc. Hire a car and ski a different resort everyday on the same pass - also a good local bus service.

http://www.austrian-adventures.com/

We stayed there in January and would recommend it ! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a YHA Hostel in Kaprun. You can transfer by train to Zell am Zee for not much money. Not sure what the conditions will be like.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be tempted to say Resort H - don't know about cheap accommodation but it would probably be good snow and you can book a transfer from the airport to the resort from the resort's website. But if I told you where Resort H was I'd have to kill you - sorry! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cathy, thats not very nice, how about you tell me then .....cut my tongue out so i couldnt tell anyone else?!? Skullie
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe, if i didnt have a car whats the bus services like? and how far to travell to nearest piste....only a beginer so nothing toooo steep needed.
andrew
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andybabes, ok then - there's a clue in this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37112

Afraid you'll have to do the surgery yourself - I trust you Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cathy, i think i know what you mean ! Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kaprun (Kitzsteinhorn) is looking good at the moment.

snow depth mountain: 278cm
snow depth valley: 15cm
snow condtion: powder
last snowfall Region: 05.03.2008
fresh snow mountain: 50cm
fresh snow valley: 5cm
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andybabes, the bus is about 30 metres away and the pistes are ideal for beginners. My mate went who is a second weeker and he loved it - go for Radstadt would be my advice.

get in touch with flangsax via PM - if he is full he has contacts in the village. he can also organise transfers from / to Salzburg. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andybabes, Ive got space - thanks Smokin Joe, for thinking of us! We are 45 mins from Salzburg and can arrange transfer with a shuttle taxi. The bus stop is at the end of the road which takes you to the Radstadt/Alternmarkt mountain - from there you can get to Zauchensee. There is also a bus from our road to Fageralm/Reiteralm. The possibilities are endless. Have a look at our site - www.austrian-adventures.com for full info. Other snowheads have had a great time here. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
flangesax, just sent you an email through your site. what would be your best price for one person on b&b could you do me an evening meal if needed.
andrew....tried to pm you but it wouldnt work...i must be tick
ski holidays
andybabes, he is down a crevasse so he cannot receive PMs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy