Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It may not surprise you to know that this famous Radio 4 presenter is a skier:

Poster: A snowHead
James Naughtie

He presented a recording of Book Club this evening and had a chat with us afterwards. The Sliding Scotsman was explaining a slight limp: "I've just got back from a weekend's skiing, and really felt it!"

Apparently it's an annual getaway for about ten Today Programme people, and this year they were in Avoriaz. "The snow was pretty heavy low down" he complained.

The Book Club edition was an interesting one - a question-and-answer session with journalist Asne Seierstad, author of 'The Bookseller of Kabul', the controversial portrait of a family's life in modern-day Afghanistan [probably won't be broadcast until August].

I daresay Asne Seierstad is a skier too - she's Norwegian!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith,

Who's James Naughtie & what's radio 4 Puzzled wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward wrote:
what's radio 4 Puzzled wink

Flogging's not good enough for the bounder Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Imagine going through school with a surname like Naughtie.

David Goldsmith, thanks. Incredibly interesting.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Who said 'care in the community' is a failed Tory policy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did you get to play Mornington Crescent afterwards Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you. I'll answer those points in turn:

stewart woodward,
James Naughtie is one of the great broadcast journalists of our time. You can listen to the Today Programme (3 hours of agenda-leading news coverage each morning) anytime on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listenagain

Masque, you cannot be serious. Me or Naughtie? Or both of us?
Swiller, yes, imagine going through school with a name like Swiller
thefatcontroller, probably Margaret Thatcher, who believes "there's no such thing as society"
boredsurfin, good question! No, unfortunately, but we were on The Aldwych (Bush House) ... a kind of double-black-diamond version of Mornington Crescent

Anyone got any skiing questions for James Naughtie? [I'm not going to ask them]
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith wrote:
James Naughtie is one of the great broadcast journalists of our time.

If that's true, and I fear that it may be, it doesn't say much for the state of broadcast journalism today, does it? He's not what you'd call an incisive critical mind. Bring back Charles Wheeler, I say.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Anyone got any skiing questions for James Naughtie?
Yes, does he subscribe to SkiTV?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward wrote:
David Goldsmith,

Who's James Naughtie

My thoughts exactly on opening this thread
Quote:
& what's radio 4 Puzzled wink

Ahh, that one I do know the answer to - it's the cricket station Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sure, James Naughtie isn't Jonathan Ross (heard of him, and his salary of millions?) or Fiona Bruce (seen her on Crimewatch? Too late now). The fact that he's not on the box much (I think he still presents the Proms at the Albert Hall) doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

I'm not James Naughtie's PR, but he's an astonishingly knowledgeable and ethical journalist/interviewer ... and a bit of a ski enthusiast!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Goldsmith wrote:
I'm not James Naughtie's PR, but he's an astonishingly knowledgeable and ethical journalist/interviewer ... and a bit of a ski enthusiast!

I still feel compelled to say 'Knockty Boy!' every time he comes on the radio.

As for Charles Wheeler -very big hair for an old one.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
James Naughtie

He obviously doesn't wear a helmet. wink

He's not a bad presenter, but IMV he has the BBC world view stamped through him like a stick of rock, whilst no doubt believing himself to be completely unbiased. The Today programme co-hosted by Naughtie and Clarkson would be compelling. Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
laundryman wrote:
The Today programme co-hosted by Naughtie and Clarkson would be compelling. Shocked

Yes, it would compel me to go to the pub. Two people far too fond of the sound of their own voices, a disadvantage in an interviewer, and so far up their own bums that an extra long boom mike is required to hear them at all.
ski holidays
richmond wrote:
Yes, it would compel me to go to the pub.

At 6.30am, that would be impressive compulsion! wink
ski holidays
David Goldsmith wrote:
The fact that he's not on the box much (I think he still presents the Proms at the Albert Hall) doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

Good old Margaret Hodge!!!! Dontcha just love her ? All those dreary young conservatives a-singin and a-flag wavin and making fools of themselves and the country.

Just who does Margaret Hodge think she is!!! Attacking one of our great institutions, the envy of the world. Nothing can beat the great sing song of the Last Night of The Proms Since when do we need lessons in Britishness from an Egyptian Jew ? Bodge off !!!! You are a complete loser!!!!!

Glendella Slagson
snow report
Latchigo, a suitable punishment would be to make Margaret Hodge go to the LNoftP. It would serve all present right.
ski holidays
Margaret Hodge needs a career change. In fact she needed a career change about 15 years ago, after that childcare scandal in Islington she never dealt with properly (instead she furiously attacked a journalist who was quite legitimately investigating it).
snow report
P.S. [rushing to keep this on-topic] Margaret Hodge is a skier
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Breaking News. That's amazing. Hold the front page.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy