Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel - advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, can anyone reccomend me a hire shop in Meribel to get some skis from for a week please?

Also general info (good places to eat/drink, where to/not to ski, etc.) would also be appriciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevec, we've used freeride in the past for ski hire. Found them to have a good selection of skis for all abilities and the skis all seemed well maintained. http://www.freeride.fr/ is the website.

depends where you are staying but always enjoyed popping into the cactus cafe just next to the chaudanne for a beer and some live music after skiing (and occasionally staying on for some pretty good mexican food!). Bit rubbish with names of places so can't remember where the good places to eat are Embarassed rest of the family tell me chez kiki is excellent, is up toward the 1600 area so a bus trip if you are in the main village but apparently well worth it (we ate in that night - doh!). le refuge does good pizzas etc in the downstairs (cheaper!) part, and upstairs has posher a la carte - nice fondue Very Happy erm, all I can remember sorry! Going back next week tho - hurrah! Must pay more attention to detail so I can be more helpful on these threads, but generally I go where I'm told to eat by parents and elder siblings wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would second Freeride. Excellent hire shop. Also bought my ski boots there a few years back.

Have always stayed in chalets in Meribel so only ate out one night. Cactus is great for lively apres ski. For supper once we went to a restaurant (very traditional food) from memory only across the road from the Cactus and up and bit. In fact, very close to Freeride shop. Not Trompette. This one was cosy, lots of Savoyard wood and great food. Sorry, name escapes me, but ask around.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we went last week and got 2 for 1 deal with Ski Republic, worked out £55 for boots and ski's each. Mine were absolutely fine, although my girlfriend did get a bit of a loose binding on her last day, not sure if this was down to the shop or a natural fault with the ski.
Snow was going fast on the Saulire side, and below about 2000m the only white bit's were the pistes. tougnette side is in much better condition, we tended to ski there in the morning, then head up to Saulire in the afternoon. everywhere bar 2 or 3 runs are open though, but some new snow and lower temps needed lower down. we got some great skiing in higher up. We ate out most lunchtimes (we stayed in a chalet), and can only say be prepared to fork out the dosh! Cheapest place's seemed to be in Meribel-Mottaret, or for burger and chips or something la tavern in Meribel was pretty cheap. On the chalet girls night off we ate at La Refuge which was really nice, although every where was very busy so its an idea to book. Not sure if it's just me, but the average price for a pint was 6-7 euro's - couldn't believe it!

we had a great time, so hope you have the same. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy