Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rocker Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of Rockers? Supposed to be great on powder - what about the rest of the mountain. What length do they ski or are they totally different? If anyone here is in Chamonix have any of the gear shops have some for trial?

Thanks for responding if you have a moment.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
22 dropout, Will maybe have some in a week or two, drop by Foot Works introduce yourself to Angus, (NZK) and leave him your number. Salomon seem to have the concept nailed, Volkl are interesting too. We have Katana already albeit flat not rocker. At worst have a beer on the Racoon faced little idiot. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will do, thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or keep a look out in ebay, craigslist, clasifieds etc for a pair of Atomic Powder Plus.
Should cost you £50-75
Remove bindings.
Put thick layer of newspaper (or some old carpet) on garage floor.
Put skis on floor.
Chock up the tips with wooden blocks.
drive car onto skis so that there is stress on the tips that are chocked up.
Leave for a couple of days.
Remove car and measure how much rocker you have got.
Repeat as required.

Atomic Powder Plus are big, fat and rather straight. They have a big sheet of metal in the top sheet and will hold a bend.

Don't bother trying this with just about any other ski as without the metal you will either break the skis or they will bounce right back.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hellbents for 399euro???

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I have Pow Pluses and at some point will get round to bending them as rungsp suggests (only in a sauna, because I can.) Just need the snow to use them in!

Should also get to ride next years Factions with rocker soon, will review...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So this is how those 120+mm boats I saw today are called Wink?
Half an hour later i saw the owners straightlining through the crud on the Lauberhorn....
I think thats not the best place of this resort to use them NehNeh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy