Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best skiing is found during bad weather conditions.

Is the best skiing found during bad weather?
Yes, I love skiing when noone else does.
47%
 47%  [ 32 ]
I will ski in bad weather, but only because I only get six days a year.
42%
 42%  [ 29 ]
Are you mad? In bad weather I curl up in front of a roaring log fire and wait it out.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
I have more sense, and better things to be doing when the weather is bad.
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Voted : 57
Total Votes : 68

Poster: A snowHead
Mark Lehto, who can say what feeling you're getting? It's very much your own busness:D

Personally, no, I don't need to the sun to come out after the storm to make it alright.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a lot to be said for not falling down a cliff or wading out of a flat spot because you can't see. Also nice not to see the road filling up with snow again 10 minutes after the last plough was there.

Think I'll chose April blue sky powder days as my favourite.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
neilswingler wrote:
Also nice not to see the road filling up with snow again 10 minutes after the last plough was there.

I don't know about that, it's Sunday afternoon and binning it down with snow, the car's getting buried and the roads disappearing, your mind starts rehearsing the call to the office the next morning and trying to get the sincerity level right as you explain you're stranded and can't get back Very Happy

Never happens, but it's a nice daydream on the lift Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Indeedy yes, Kramer - I'm a lawyer
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it depends where you go on how many people stay out skiing when it's snowing hard.

I find that in Whistler people stay out more, simply because it snows so much more there and therefore people tend to ski in pre-waterproofed gear. Cool snowHead

In europe though, I see so many people with wet patches on their all-in-one ski suits. It's like they're not expecting any snow in ski resort or something. Shocked Laughing

We did have some friends who went skiing in Killington this time last year. They had rain to ski in all week... Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

We worked it out that to enjoy those conditions you need lots of the following:
Fitness, Ability, Bottle. 2 out of the 3 did not suffice.

Visibilty is the 4th of the 3 things. As long you're in the trees and properly kitted out it can be a blast - moguls are particularly forgiving in fresh snow. The problem is when you are the only one in your group or family who wants to go out. Do you try to attach yourself to some others or just give up for the day?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Martin, are you any relation to Big Ron, 'the 4th of the 3 things' is pure Atkinson. Way to Go!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done a lot of skiing in rough weather and heavy fog as a child, never occured to me to stay in. To be safe you need to wear enough, use familiar routes and sensible speed.
It's better to have company, though I wouldn't hesitate to go alone. You tend to meet like minded people (blizzard perverts) on the slope.
I remember being out in fog thick enough to obscure the tips of my (210cm) skis. Luckily we knew the route well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David, no, not related to The Ron, but for the record some other famous quotes:

I never criticise referees and I'm not going to change a habit for that prat.

He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it - you can see it all over their face

Beckenbauer has really gambled all his eggs.

I think that was a moment of cool panic there.

Zero-zero is a big score.

Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Do you try to attach yourself to some others or just give up for the day?
Definitely don't give up! The worse the weather, the more brave souls are forced to ski alone. I've met some great people on the mountain to ski with on 'bad weather days'.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perverse! Never. One really bad day we had was Tignes in a sand storm. We battled on, I think we didn't give up simply because there's absolutely nothing else to do in Tignes, certainly going back to the chalet wasn't appealing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jane L, sand storm? Tignes? Not Tunis? Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lat year we had a huge dump that turned the psites brown, you could see the remnants for months afterward. Apparently the warm Southerly winds had picked up a huge amount of sand from the Sahara & when they met the cold Northerlies it fell as brown snow. It was all over Europe.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I remember that David, all the snow had a pinky tinge to it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes -its was rather heavy in Champoluc, like skiing porridge, but it didn't stop us from having a full day
ski holidays
One could argue that the best skiing is on New Year's day, just after the lifts open. Ah, smell that self-righteous feeling...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy